Ok to be sexy AND be a mom???

seoj

Our family of four...
Reaction score
Ok... bit off the 2nd trimester topic... but had to post this...

I got an email from my Mom earlier today, she saw a couple pics a friend of mine has on her photography Facebook site of me. She asked if I knew those pics were on there (which I did) and said she was a bit shocked to see them... that they were beautiful, but a bit erotic for public consumption....

UM... first, I don't show ANYTHING risky... there is one pic where I am laying down and looking up at the camera, and you see a touch of my butt- but it's black and white AND I have full coverage undies on! In another I have my hands in my hair and looking at the camera- but I have a little tank on- so you see NOTHING.

My friend posted them- along with some other girls she knows- to show she does some more "sexy" one on one shoots for ladies. But again, it's not X rated- at the worst, it's maybe PG-13????

I started to feel bad honestly... like was there something wrong with me looking sorta sexy but being a mom, step-mom and being prego!? Mind you these pics were taken like 3yrs ago!!! I did take some more risky pics- but those were for me and hubbies eyes ONLY!! lol.

I LOVE my mom- she's the best, but she is very against women being seen as sex objects in ANY way- so I'm sure that protective mode just kicked in being that I'm her only daughter... lol.

Personally, I don't see anything wrong with the pics- if I felt at all they were inappropriate, I would have asked my friend to take them down. Period. She even offered to do that today when we chatted... but why? They aren't bad? Shoot- I've seen WAY worse that people have posted of themselves on their own FB page!!!!!

I don't know... just kinda got to me. Thoughts? You can be honest... not mean, lol, but honest is fine.

Thanks ladies!!! :flower:

perfectly fine to be a mum and sexy!

halloween 2009 i went out dressed as a correctional officer dress up suit from anne summers hahaha...not that id wear it around my son hahaha

just because ur going to be a mum doesnt mean ur not a woman who wants to be sexy! when i go out i still like to dress nice and feel good.

dont feel bad, be proud of urself for feeling sexy

I think it's fine and if you're comfortable with it then people should accept that. Even if they were more risque, it's your body and if you're ok with it then I think that's great!!

Seoj-Have you had your appointment yet?!

I wanna know what team you're on!

Baby had ankles crossed last Thursday so we're going again next week to see if "she'll" cooperate more then.

Again the doctor said she feels we're safe to start buying girl stuff but to keep the receipts. :( That's not what I want to hear.

And about your post, I think it's fine to be sexy and a mom, that's something I want to accomplish as a first time mom! I don't want to be frumpy!

Seoj-Have you had your appointment yet?!

I wanna know what team you're on!

Baby had ankles crossed last Thursday so we're going again next week to see if "she'll" cooperate more then.

Again the doctor said she feels we're safe to start buying girl stuff but to keep the receipts. :( That's not what I want to hear.

And about your post, I think it's fine to be sexy and a mom, that's something I want to accomplish as a first time mom! I don't want to be frumpy!

We have our gender scan today at 4pm!!! Just an hour to go! eek... hehe. SO super excited ;)

Too bad your LO wasn't cooperating fully... I bet she will at next scan. Drink lots of juice or something to get her wriggling around in there!!! I have a thing of OJ at my desk to drink when I leave work! haha.

I bet it's a Girl... I can feel it! hehe. I haven't wanted to buy anything till we know for sure though ;)

Thanks for your response to my thread-- I guess sometimes it just feels like it's not OK to be comfortable in my own sexuality ya know? I think every woman should be though! Why now?! We are more than a mom or a wife or a daughter... we are so many things!! We should be allowed to express them all as we see fit... :)

I'll keep ya posted on gender... you do the same girly!!!! I see pink in your future though... wink wink

Good luck! I drank orange juice and had a chocolate chip cookie before mine and baby couldn't be bothered by it, she was just chillin in there with ankles crossed and her one foot was bouncing a little bit like she was bouncing it to the beat of music.

Stubborn thing!

Wow... what a stubborn LO! I'm hoping ours is active today- they have been super active at all my scans except one (where they were sleeping!)- lol- so we'll see...

I ate some fruit too- FX'd it helps!!! Maybe next time you try a large latte! haha ;)

Of course it's ok... U don't stop being a woman cuz u're a mum

good for you! course you can be sexy & a mum :D i hope i will be too! i wanna see the pics hehehe xx

Well... I did have my friend remove them from her FB page-- ONLY because they were in the same "photo album" as my brothers family photos they recently took and I didn't really want my step-Dad or brother to see them... again... they weren't bad, and I'm proud of them and glad I did the shoot... but might not want to see my brother in some sexy pose! haha. Plus I talked to my Mom and she just expressed concern having them online... and I get it... she's my MOM and she always will be regardless of my age... lol. BUT... very glad I took those pics and NO issue being a sexy mom!!!! hehe

Thanks for all your lovely feedback ladies :) So appreciate it!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->