OK why is that so expensive...

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by kaylou109, Nov 14, 2011.

1. kaylou109

kaylou109 Guest

Really want a big pregnancy support pillow like the Dream Genie and they are like 40 quid - who can afford 4- quid for a pillow! Grrrr - and I really want one!!!!

Hope you ladies all well x

2. _Lexi_

_Lexi_ Mummy to 1 perfect angel and a 6yr old daughter

I got one from Argos for £20, mothercare also have them online for £20.99 (in store £29.99). They don't curve like the dream genie, just long and straight, but I love mine!!x

3. smiler123

smiler123 Well-Known Member

I got one of those triangle support pillows from dunelm for £7.99! Cheap as chips!

Those other ones are sooooooo expensive! Talk about cashing in on aching pregnant ladies! :)

4. Skadi

Skadi Well-Known Member

Tell me about it! I don't regret spending the money on mine though, it has pretty much paid for itself in less than a month by all the sleep I've been able to get again though!

5. MrsJRB

MrsJRB Well-Known Member

Hi
    I thought the same but then found for £25 :
    By Carla Cuddle Me Pregnancy Pillow

Search for it on amazon or eBay - I love mine!

6. erikab922

erikab922 Well-Known Member

There's a Dream Genii going on eBay right now ending in 16 hours and it's at £5.70. I got one a few weeks ago at one of those 'Baby Nearly New' sales for a tenner. Do you have those near you?

7. bumpbear

bumpbear First time mama

What are the benefits of these cushions? I'm 21 weeks and dont understand why I'd need one at the mo. I'm sure I'll find out soon though.

8. Skadi

Skadi Well-Known Member

It probably depends on the size of your bump, mine got big fast so my back got sore fast, and the tossing and turning kept waking me up. The pillow helps to keep you in place and relieves a lot of weight off your back and hips. It also helps support your bump.

9. amore

amore Well-Known Member

Ha ha smiler I did the same in my last pregnancy and used it for months after too as a breastfeeding pillow and for back support - just waiting to go to my mums at christmas (which has a dunelm near it) and buy another one for this pregnancy xx

10. smiler123

smiler123 Well-Known Member

The one I'm using is my one from last pregnancy and haven't got the heart to get rid of it! My hubby hates it though and has decided he's chucking it out and getting me a new one! I actually love it (I may hide it before he bins it!) It's so comfy! x

11. Mrs HM

Mrs HM Well-Known Member

I got the triangle wedge pillow from babies r us for 9.99 and it's fantastic! I'd really recommend it for supporting your bump in bed and your back when sitting, and it's a complete bargain!

12. xloulabellex

xloulabellex Mummy to 2 beautiful boys

I said the same to my OH the other day *frown* why aren't they a tenner?!?! lol xx

13. xloulabellex

xloulabellex Mummy to 2 beautiful boys

Ooohh thanks!! xx

14. babyv_s2012

babyv_s2012 1st little princess

I have the same one got it off ebay bargain

15. AngelUK

AngelUK Mummy of twin boys

I got the Dreamgenii and though I don't regret it I am not totally enchanted with it either. I still wake up on my back as the back bit (thankfully) doesn't stop me rolling over; I'd probably feel claustrophobic if it did. I also still have the occasional hip pain and wonder if maybe it is too short for my height? I am 5' 8 1/2. It usually wedges itself between my thighs and not my knees and even when I manage to wrestle it down, I would like to be able to put my top calf on it as well but I don't like curving my legs back like that. Hm. I think I might have had more benefit from a straight long pillow. Dunno.

16. trudie100

trudie100 Well-Known Member

Hun i've got the Dream Genni pillow and it painedddd me to pay £45 for it! BUTTTTT its the best £45 ive ever spent!

ive slept SO well every single night since i brought this, only waking up once to wee lol! its money well spent as its amazing!

stops you rolling over, supports your back and your bump and legs x