Okay, does anyone else in the world do this...or is it really just my family!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ell.Bishh

Alex's Mammy & TTC #2!
Reaction score
Christmas Eve.
Chief elf bernard (name stolen off the santa claus movie (tim allen 1994 i think) completley) comes to our house while were in bath or peeling sprouts or something and leaves us pj's to sleep in! I thought everyone did it...but all my mates dont recall doing anything like this when they were little, or getting new pj's on christmas eve...

My mam has done it ever since i can remember, and she jingles bells as his hat and i have so many fond memories of me literally falling out of the bath and running into the living toom naked to catch him (the bells) but he was never there, just pj's and a note lol

Anyone else get pj's on xmas eve?

Its definatley a tradition im going to keep going with Alex.

Even now I get pj's on christmas eve off chief elf as i stay at my mams :blush:
I will be this year of me mam...at nearly 20 years of age!

Never heard of the tradition...but a very cute idea!

As kids we always got PJs on X-Mas eve, and usually a book or a CD or something small with it... but I have never heard of Chief elf bernard... the were always just from my mom... I carry on the trdition with my kids now too. Actually my mom still does this for us, and we are 28, 24, 21, and 14... lol. and she does it for my OH too!!

My MIL does this for all the girls. Its great i have a real thing about new jammies lol.

Hubbys family were always allowed to open 1 present on xmas eve and was always new PJ's lol
His sisters still do it with their kids

Oo i`ve never heard of this.. but it sound`s a cool idea for me too do with our LO :D

Love that idea, never heard of it, but its really cute....i may have to start doing that!!!

:rofl: I've never heard of that before but I love it! :D x

We always opened 1 present on christmas eve and it was always our PJ's! I love it.. My mom still does it for me and my sister, along with our husbands!! Its great fun!

Yep we do the PJ's on xmas eve too, we come back from christingle then open a pressie which is PJ's
then bath for the kids, new PJ's on then milk and cookie for Santa then bed :)

never done that, but i always ended up spending christmas day sat in my PJ's i got for Christmas :)
I LOVE santa claus the movie, you just have to watch it every year!!

My oh does that, his mum gives them all onepresent to open on xmas eve, and its always pj's lol !
i think its a cute idea imo ! i love new pjs :D

WOW i thought we were the only ones that did this !!!

We ALWAYS have new pjs on xmas eve ever since i was little and this year me the OH and bubba will starting it as one of our traditions as a family !!

Never heard of that before, but I think its a lovely idea.

Never hear of this but I have been getting my sister pj's for christmas for the last 7 or 8 years so I think that I may just switch that tradition up for this one. Thanks for the idea.

Eveyr christmas eve we were allowed ot open one present, it was always the present from our auntie! and it would always be a new nightie or pjamas!
now our parents always get my sister and i really nice pjamas from la senza for xmas

Yep, we do the new PJ's on christmas eve too, usually new slippers aswell. My family used to do it when we were younger & i do it with my kids now!!

Hadnt heard of it before but its a lovely tradition x

yes, yes, yes - you have to have a clean house for santa coming and new bedding and PJs.....

Yup, Mum told me Santa sends us one present early for us to open on Xmas eve, always Pj's and new slippers. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"