Okay...kind of embarassing question about smell...

Braven05

Mommy to Avery <3
Reaction score
Does anyone else feel like they smell...down below...all the time? It doesn't smell like anything is wrong...like an infection or anything...I just feel stinky...and unclean because of all the discharge I have...and Im very hyper-aware of it...I shower every single day...sometimes twice if I'm not feeling well and I wash but I'm unclean like half an hour later from all the discharge...and I just think I smell myself all the time. Am I alone in this?:shrug:

I've taken to keeping huggies wipes in the bathroom and in my handbag so I can freshen up everytime I visit the bathroom... Your not alone - joys of pregnancy and warm weather doesn't help either xx

Me too, me too :( Like you said, it doesn't smell like an infection, and I have bi-weekly appointments so I'm sure they'd have caught it if it was. Its just stronger, and I don't like it at all. I'm just happy panty liners don't cost as much as pads, as often as I change them!

It's sort of embarassing because last night I could smell it when I was sitting in my underwear next to my OH. I understand what you mean, it doesn't smell bad or like an infection - it's just an odor. I don't have discharge all the time, but sometimes it's milky and white. (TMI) :shrug: I don't know what it is either.

no hun i am the same, i constantly have to wear a pad cos of the amount of discharge i have, i feel like i smell and i dont like using ppls toilets just incase, i dont have an infection cos i have been checked, but i noticed i feel worse in the heat :(
i am 28weeks+4 days

i am the same! sometimes i am like what is THAT oh its me! lol like others have said it isnt unpleasant just erm present lol

using wipes to freshen up is a really good idea! i havent been able to shave down there because my razor has been too blunt, the skin is sensitive and well i cant be arsed lol lol lol i am going to shave it all tonight hopefully just to help make myself feel a bit fresher down there lol

Same here. I'm getting quite sweaty down there and changing my pants and pantyliners all the time. Makes me paranoid others can smell it too. Good idea with keeping wet-wipes in your handbag - might start that myself x

I had to invest in some panty liners today for this reason. You are not alone. X

Yep - I've found that 'always' thin panty liners which can be used either in thongs or knickers have been my saviour!
I now do not have to deal with 'smelling myself' makes you feel so much better!

OMG lol that makes me feel soooo much better! I guess I need to get some wipes...I wasn't sure if they were...uh ok to use...I don't know why I wasn't sure...we use them on babies...I was just nervous about introducing anything other than soap down there...but man I'm always stepping back away from people because I'm worried they can smell me. And I definitely don't sit around in my underwear anymore because I think OH can smell me...and I wont let him touch me for any reason if haven't showered within the past 15 mins.

I don't even feel like I have a lot of discharge, but since I've been pregnant I swear I can smell myself so much more! I was wondering if others could smell it too, but husband hasn't mentioned it!! Maybe it's our noses just being more sensitive (BUT I can't really smell other thigns better - so weird!)

I'm the same! .. and it's driving me mad.
My OH says he can't smell a thing.. but i'm aware of it.
I go to the toilet for a wee, wipe loads and loads.. walk down the stairs and it's there!.. It's like it waits for me to get down stairs! .. and always comes after i wee.. and obviously throughout the whole day too! ..
pretty fed up of it tbf.

ALSO : .. i know everyone gets discharge, but (WTMI) - mine is more like snot ? .. if i just wear PJ bottoms and no underwear .. when i wake up in the morning for the toilet .. it's dangling from my vagina! .. it's not thin and watery, it's literally like snot! .. but more clear.. is it normal for it to be stringy like this?
xx

I'm so glad you posted this Braven! Like you it doesn't smell really bad, it just has a whiff about it! I wear panty liners every day and shower daily aswell, but I THINK over washing can make it worse so I tend to stick to once a day. xxx

I'm so glad you posted this Braven! Like you it doesn't smell really bad, it just has a whiff about it! I wear panty liners every day and shower daily aswell, but I THINK over washing can make it worse so I tend to stick to once a day. xxx

lol I dunno why I was nervous to ask...its not like I can help it. I know I didn't smell this strongly before and I know I'm cleaning myself properly...and I don't have thick discharge...usually...just thin and clear/light yellow these days...just my undies are ALWAYS soaking...guess I need to get some pantiliners too so I can change them instead of my underwear

Haha, not just me thinking I'm a stinky pants then (literally!). I haaaaate it. I change my underwear twice a day, keep wipes handy, shower daily.. still I can smell myself. It's not a "bad" smell I just don't like it!
I kept wondering if I'd wet myself cause my underwear has a wet patch all the darn time. So much discharge, ew.

Isn't pregnancy just THE sexiest??

i went through this a while ago.smelt kind of sweet but i was extermly paranoid.its gone now and im nearly 38 weeks so hopefully it'll stop for all of you soon too x

Haha, not just me thinking I'm a stinky pants then (literally!). I haaaaate it. I change my underwear twice a day, keep wipes handy, shower daily.. still I can smell myself. It's not a "bad" smell I just don't like it!
I kept wondering if I'd wet myself cause my underwear has a wet patch all the darn time. So much discharge, ew.

Isn't pregnancy just THE sexiest??

Haha, yeah totally sexy...leaking from the top (nips) and the bottom!

I smell too lol. But - I DO have a wee infection as I found out on Sunday which Ive prob had for about 3 weeks :(

Hubby noticed I smell and he tells me!!

Im joining this club too! It makes me so paranoid! :cry:I've found vagisil wash really helps, probably for half the day!:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->