Okay Ladies got a question for you

Kiyota

Aiden's Mommy
Reaction score
Alright so I'm not entirely new to this, but I still got a couple questions for you. I've had a horrible headache for the past couple of days, it refuses to go away no matter what I do. My throat is raw to the point it hurts to swallow and my nose is stuffed and a little runny. My right side also hurts a bit. Now is that all normal or should I be on my way to the hospital? I don't want to over react. :blush:

It just sounds like you may be getting sick. I wouldn't worry.

i felt like this for most of the 1st trimester...not to worry you or that! get lots of rest, try some honey for your sore throat. and rest. and REST MORE!

I don't think I have a cold or the flu but anything is possible. I'll give the honey and tea a try and see if that helps the sore throat. Thank You ladies!

I have a cold right now as well...haven't had one in ages...get pregnant and get one straight away, runny nose, sore throat headaches etc...I think it's normal. I think we're more suceptible (sp?) to colds etc..

same here i havent had the flu in quite some time and now its killing me.. my throat and ears hurt like crazy... its getting better now, so dont worry abt it. you'll be fine soon...

I too have had a stinking cold since the day i found out i was preg, i also got 3 coldsores (which i havent had for over 5 years).

I think our immune system shuts down for the 1st few weeks of preg so not to attack the growing eggie, thats why we are so much more likely to get ill, especially this time of year!!!!!!!!

Hope you feel better soon :hug:

sending hugs hun, hope your feeling better soon xxxx

Hey thanks lazydaisybaby...I just realized that's probably why I got my 2 coldsores lately...I got 2 one after another right after conception, but didn't know then of course. But I thought it was a bit strange getting 2 after not having one for a year...that's probably the reason right there. Pregnancy does some strange things doesn't it?

I would agree with the other posts. This pregnancy greeted me with the flu! But, later in PG severe headaches should not be ignored IMHO. I had PIH.

I ended up in the hospital the other night. I couldn't stand the pain in my ears anymore. Turns out I had a horrible middle ear infection caused by a an untreated head cold! I should be better soon thanks to the baby safe medicination my doctor gave me. Thank you ladies for all your help! You guys are the best. :hugs:

yeah you are probably coming down with something.
its horrible this time of year cos you get so many colds anyway!
i work in a nursery and you just get every bug and sickness attacking you because all the kids are sick too.

I wouldn't worry hun, I had a few annoying headaches before I got my :bfp: and as for your sore throat and stuffy nose, I agree with the others, I'm sure your immune system is just struggling more than normal because all of your energy is going into preparing your body for your developing baby. You'll be fine, just be sure to get plenty of rest :hugs:

Yes thankfully the rest and meds are taking care of everything for me. I'm feeling quite a bit better now, though I would love to be able to hear out of my right ear lol. ::hugs:: Thanks again ladies!! :))

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->