Okay what else do i need? lol.

hulahoop09

Mum to lg and pg #2
Reaction score
Hiya

I have some clothing and beddking and was wondering what else i need. We have 20wk scan tomorrow so may be able to see if pink or blue! :D

Newborn:
5 short sleeved vests
2 babygros/sleepsuits
2 hats
1 pair of booties
2 pairs of scratch mitts
3 long skeeved vests
8 pairs of socks

0-3 mnths:
6 short sleeved vests
2 short sleeved vests
2 tops
3 babygros/sleepsuits
1 pram suit
2 hats
1 pair of booties

3-6 mnths:
4 babygros/sleepsuits
1 pramsuit
1 pair of booties

14 bibs
3 hooded towels

Bedding:
1 0-6 month sleeping bag
2 fitted cot sheets
2 flat sheets
4 fleece blankets
2 quilts (for when baby is older)

What do I need to add to the above? Help! :D

thank you.

xx

I think you've got it covered there hun!! the only thing I have extra to yours is 6 x muslin cloths xx

More newborn babygrows and sleepsuits :thumbup: Have you got some itte cardigans/coats? xx

i dont know but waned to see what you had already got. i have got most clothes but thats it so far. I better pull my finger out but until we have bought our cot not really sure what to buy. where is the best place to get baby towels and are they essential, can you not just use smaller normal ones.? i have so much to learn!

i dont know but waned to see what you had already got. i have got most clothes but thats it so far. I better pull my finger out but until we have bought our cot not really sure what to buy. where is the best place to get baby towels and are they essential, can you not just use smaller normal ones.? i have so much to learn!

The difference with baby towels is they usually have a hood so you can kind of wrap them up while they are drying. we got ours from babiesrus, and one came with our bath set from mothercare x

Yup deffo more babygros. Also just thought i need moses basket sheets and pram sheets, are these same thing? Xx

i would just say more babygrows in newborn! babies are sick alot!! lol and nappies leak ect.. ive got about 15 newborn babygrows too many really but my son went thru so many a day! x

Yup we got one with our bath set from mothercare.

Do i need other sorts of blankets or are fleece ones enough? Xx

Yup deffo more babygros. Also just thought i need moses basket sheets and pram sheets, are these same thing? Xx

You can boy moses/pram fitted sheets (they'll do for either) or just a flat sheet tucked it. I also found a folded flat sheet under babys head (tuckedin well) in moses basket/pram worked well. When they are sick during night you can just whip that off rather than stripping whole of moses basket.

Regarding bath towels, theyre just novelty really, i got a couple cos they look cute but they really arent essential, you can wrap a baby up in a normal towel xx

all the sheets i've looked at say to fit pram / moses basket so they must be roughly the same size!! one advice I got from a mom was to get fitted ones in everything as the other ones just roll away from the mattress xx

Thanks thats a great idea! The flat sheets i have are massive though so maybe if i got a pack of normal bed pillowcases would they be any good? Or just smaller flatsheets. Lol. Xx

Thanks re flat sheets, i got a bundle which had 2 fkat sheets, 2 fitted sheets and a massive fleece blanket! Lol.

Thanks re the celkukar blankets how many do i need? Is it safe to use the fleece ones and when is best to use them? Also do you just use 1 blanket at a time? Lol. So many questions!

Xx

You're gonna want way more vests and baby Gris, unless you plan on having to do washing 24/7! At first in his changing bag I'd have about 3 vests and sleep suits just To take out with me as spare change of clothes

Thanks re flat sheets, i got a bundle which had 2 fkat sheets, 2 fitted sheets and a massive fleece blanket! Lol.

Thanks re the celkukar blankets how many do i need? Is it safe to use the fleece ones and when is best to use them? Also do you just use 1 blanket at a time? Lol. So many questions!

Xx

I personally wouldnt use fleece blankets at bedtime or while they were very little. How many depends really, when is baby due? In winter I'd probably use a flat sheet on top of baby, and then 3 blankets, you can add to it baby is still cold. Obviously if you are using a baby sleeping back you would just put baby down in that or maybe an extra blanket if very cold xx

Yip i knew i deffo needed more babygros and vests. Lol. Re blankets maybe should wait til they few mnths before i use fleece blankets. Baby is due october so gna be needing plenty more blankets. Lol. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->