old thread

I had one in April.

I was being referred on the NHS but hated the hoop jumping and begging aspect. I have a well paid job and saved up for a few months then went to Belgium in April with my OH and had it done privately.

I didnt know I was pregnant at that point so havent had any fills in my band. I'm going to have a fill done in January and start my journey then.

Someone I knew on another forum had a band on the NHS, and she went from a size 32 to a size 14 :shock: She has loads of excess skin though :/

A friend of mine had one done privately, she didn't have enough to lose to even consider applying to the NHS.

I don't think it's for me... It's all the restrictions on what you can eat, and things like that. You can't drink whilst having food, or for something like an hour after having food! That would drive me up the wall, I think :blush:

Thats only to begin with until the surgery heals and the band settles. Remember the band is adjustable so this talk of only ever having a nugget for example for dinner isnt true. You will be able to eat what you want, after a while, but in smaller portions.

But certainly when you first have the band done you have to be careful, you do have to wean yourself on to normal food, it takes a few weeks to be able to eat normally.

I'm hoping for either the gastric band op or the gastric sleeve op sometime next year, I am currently having appointments at the hospital but they said expect a years wait...

My dad got one many years ago and still has it. He dropped about 125 pounds and it changed his life! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->