Old Wives Tales You Have Heard =]

MummyNovember

Hubb,DS & DD =]
Reaction score
Just Wondered What "Old Wives Tales" People Have Heard! I Have Found Them To Be Parculiar! Here Are Some::

Heartburn

If a pregnant woman experiences heartburn throughout the 9 months of pregnancy, she’ll have a baby born with a full head of hair.

Heart Rate

If the baby’s heart rate is above 140 bpm, it is said that the baby will be a girl. If it is under 140 bpm, then it will be a boy

Coffee

If a baby is born with light-brown birthmarks, it is said that the mom drank too much coffee or had unfulfilled cravings while she was pregnant.

Full Moon

A full moon was believed to cause a woman to go into labor and give birth.

Craaaaazy! But Interesting To Read! :wohoo::saywhat::lol:

My nan said that about the heart burn hahaha but i av read that the heart rate can also be true xx

the heartburn one was tru with my DS he cameout with a little afro :haha: xx

Hahaha o lord im for evea avin heart burn xx

:haha: isnt it :) must have got my dads genes in there somewhere hes greek with olive skin and curly hair :D x

the heartrate one isn't true on my case as ours is about 156 on the doppler and we're having a boy!! x

the full moon if you look at stats from labor and delivery wards they are always busier on a full moon obviously it doesnt make every pregnant women go into labor but from what ive read it does ring somewhat true lol

I've heard if you reach to high or cross your arms across your tummy that the cord can get wrapped around the baby's neck and by crossing your arms you're cutting circulation

The heartburn one was correct with my last. I suffered terrible heartburn and she came out with a full head of black hair whereas my twins before had the proper wispy blonde baby hair.

in what to expect when your expecting they say there is scientific evidence to support the hair / heartburn theory! mine will be like a bleedin monkey at this rate! x :rofl:

in what to expect when your expecting they say there is scientific evidence to support the hair / heartburn theory! mine will be like a bleedin monkey at this rate! x :rofl:

I was just going to write this exact comment!! It says something that the hormones or whatever that your body gives out when you have heartburn causes Hair to grow. Its Crazy what our bodies can do!

I was just going to write this exact comment!! It says something that the hormones or whatever that your body gives out when you have heartburn causes Hair to grow. Its Crazy what our bodies can do!

That is so strange! If you have heart burn all the way through your pregnancy, an you end up being over due, you could end up havin a child with a beard! :thumbup::rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->