• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

old wives tales....

caz81

Reaction score
wondered if anyone is following any old wives tales even though they know they are nonsense, for example i read somewhere that there was one that if you pull the plug out of the bath when you are in it the suction can cause you to lose the baby, even though i know it is nonsense i still make sure im out of the bath before the plug comes out! is anyone else following any crazy old beliefs or is it just me?!

my gran who is 93 this year is full of wise wisdom! She had her last baby at 42 and it was the only one born in the hospital, because in her day the midwife stayed up the stairs from her and would deliver the baby in the kitchen lol i love listening to her old stories, she told me that in her day when a baby was born it didn't open its eyes for weeks and she mentioned something about hands and cold water. There are loads of 'old wives tales' i was looking them up online, some of them like the plug in the bath are just nuts lol but like you dont think ill be taking any chances! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"