Old wives talked about keeping the unborn baby safe

MelliPaige

Leo's Mommy
Reaction score
I've been told the funniest things about my pregnancy and just wanted to share. I was told not to ride on a rocky road our I'll scramble the baby!! Haha I couldn't believe someone would really think that. I was also told not tp sleep on my tummy in really pregnancy because I might accidentally pop the baby..I couldn't even find words to talk back lol what are done silly things you've been told?

If you reach your arms above your head, the umbilical cord.could get wrapped around the baby's neck.

If you reach your arms above your head, the umbilical cord.could get wrapped around the baby's neck.

I actually heared that one as well and it freaked me out! I always wake up with arms stretched above my head.

Wow, these are crazy! I've never been told anything like that, but perhaps it's because I don't know any old people?

The only things I were told were in regards to producing breastmilk, like drinking beer helps.

Lol I was told this. I can't lie...it sounds silly but I'm taking no chances plus it gives me reason to be lazy. Lol

The advice came from a semi-panicked little old lady as I reached for some cereal in the market. She was so sincere that I couldn't bring myself to outline all of the ways my arms are NOT connected to my uterus.

Wow, these are crazy! I've never been told anything like that, but perhaps it's because I don't know any old people?

The only things I were told were in regards to producing breastmilk, like drinking beer helps.

I breastfeed my son and it really does help, although it tastes bad lol (the beer, that is)

I was advised to drink a dark beer like stout or Guinness as its good fr iron. My mum & grandmother always said that. And my midwife agreed with my last pregnancy. So, I had a stout now & then.
Can't stand any alcohol at the moment, so not even tempted.

Not sure if its an old wife's tale...

I've heard of that you shouldn't raise your hands above your head because of the umbilical cord XD I just laughed and was like....yeah no.

https://www.whattoexpect.com/pregna..._YourDailyNewsletterfromWhattoExpect_20151204
Just got this in an email and thought it was relevant lol the arms thing is on here

Actually the stout thing is kindof real, it's full of iron!

Not and old wives tale but at pregnancy yoga the teacher said your jaw and cervix are connected and gave us some exercises for labour. Believe me, when in labour the gas and air between by teeth helped a lot!

I've heard the one about the stretching arms too!! Haha!

But - I can tell you all for certain that teeth and jaw are really connected to the uterus/cervix!

18hours before I gave birth to twins I had a major, and I am talking river like!!!, bleed between tooth 1 and 2 on my upper row of teeth! It didn't go away until I went to hospital and they told me I am 6cm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->