Older Hubby With Grown Kids

danksgoddess

Reaction score
I feel a little guilty admitting these feelings but I suppose it's only natural for these thoughts to cross my mind. I am 24 with no kids, a recent 6 week miscarriage. Sometimes I get really depressed feeling like the only thing that will ever come out of me is death. Anyway, my husband is 46. He has 4 children, all of which are either grown and independent or are not a part of his life.. so at least there's not the added strain of dealing with baby's mama's while I'm TTC.

He's been married once before, about 15 years ago. They had a daughter that died tragically at the age of 2. I think he still grieves her, I'm sure he always will. I think that experience is probably part of what opened him up to the idea of having one more baby with me. He knows how badly I want one. He has gotten me pregnant once before, and though it didn't work out at least we know it can happen.

However, my main fear is that he is too old to provide me with a viable pregnancy. I love him so much. His children are beautiful, he is one of the most amazing fathers I have ever encountered. He is the man I want a child with... but sometimes I fear that I'm wasting my time with him, as far as having a baby. Even he has said he thinks he might be too old. Is it wrong to sometimes wonder if I should give it up and find someone closer to my age?

I don't think 46 is too old, especially for guys. You might consult with a doctor and go from there. As far as if it's wrong to leave him, it's your life and your choice. But if you truly love him, I say stick it out. That's just my opinion. I understand this process makes you emotional (I'm a basket case when TTC), so you might just feel this way now, but in the end, baby or no baby, you love him and have a commitment. It will work out. Best wishes.

I don't think 46 is too old, especially for guys. You might consult with a doctor and go from there. As far as if it's wrong to leave him, it's your life and your choice. But if you truly love him, I say stick it out. That's just my opinion. I understand this process makes you emotional (I'm a basket case when TTC), so you might just feel this way now, but in the end, baby or no baby, you love him and have a commitment. It will work out. Best wishes.

Exactly what I was trying to word without saying the exact same thing:thumbup:

My partner is nearly 55 and still popping out great sperm. your hubby should be fine, assuming he's relatively healthy.

I'd say it is down to his health, not his age Hun. My ex was 46/47 when I got pregnant with his child. Tbh, he wasn't all that healthy either! but I still had my beautiful healthy daughter :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->