Older partner, sex everyday?

ErinHope

Reaction score
Hello again everyone! I haven't posted in a while since joining, but trust me, I have been stalking this forum :D

So my DH is almost 39 and I am 20. I went off birth control in February and had my first "regular" period since going off BC from the begging of April through around the 6th. I got a faint line on an OPK on 4/12. I will be retesting today.

Anyway, my DH and I make love daily, often times 2 or 3 times. We just can't stay off of each other, it has nothing to do with TTC :shrug::kiss:

I'm going to give y'all more info than you probably want, just because we are all a bunch of women and I think we are comfortable talking about anything :wacko:

My DH has low-T and takes shots. I was reading that this is basically a form of male BC :nope: I think he took his last one about 2 months ago and needs a new prescription. I will probably say something to him about it.

I guess what i'm getting at is, with him on inject able testosterone and with his age and the amount of times we do the deed, it is virtually impossible for us to conceive right?

I guess, what would be our best route to conceiving? Do home sperm-count tests work?

Thanks ladies!

I didnt want to r and r but im not really sure. I do think that you are doing the deed too much. I was told the most you should do it is every other day other than around ovulation. I could be wrong. And its not just coz im jealous lol.

I mean, if you want to have sex a few times a day that's up to you, but it's not going to guarantee that you fall pregnant any faster than someone having sex only every other day. I think it has something to do with sperm count, the more sex you have (especially if it's multiple times a day) then the more likely he'll be shooting blanks...of course there are always a little sperm and it only takes one.

I'm going to copy and paste what I've read:

When is the best day to get pregnant?

The fertile window explained: A man’s sperm can live for up to five days inside a woman’s reproductive tract. A woman’s egg only lives for about 12 hours after it is released. This means that a woman’s egg needs to be fertilized within this 12-hour time frame. Furthermore, freshly ejaculated sperm are not able to fertilize a woman’s egg. It takes time for a process known as capacitation to occur. Capacitation is series of changes that sperm go through once they are inside a woman’s reproductive tract that make sperm more mobile and allow them to penetrate the egg. It can take up to 10 hours for a man’s sperm to complete the capacitation process and be able to fertilize a woman’s egg. This is why the five days before ovulation are so important. Once ovulation takes place, sperm have a very brief window of time to fertilize the egg. Having mature sperm (sperm that have gone through the capacitation process already) ready for the waiting egg is the key to successful conception.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->