Older Sperm causing MC?

N

nicholatmn

I had a friend of mine check my charts and she told me that I might not be BD'ing on the day of O, but the old sperm from before is getting to the egg and that might be why I've had the MC's.

She suggested to go every other day all the way up till AF (OH loves this!) and see what happens.

anyone else heard of this? Or is she crazy? Either way, I'm going to do it.

i have no idea, but good luck! i think between every day/every other day whatever keeps more fun in it can't hurt, eh? hope you get your bfp :)

I haven't heard of that. But good luck and keep me posted.

The only thing I've heard about old sperm, is that you don't want to have gone too long since OH released before you need them in tip top shape. In other words, if you haven't BD'd in a week and he hasn't released so that his new swimmers could build up, the old sperm saved up from that week would be a lesser quality. I don't know that there is any correlation to the sperm that chill out up there waiting for your egg have the same issues. I think if they're still alive when the eggy drops, they're still going to be a-ok. But, don't quote me on that! Much info suggests that a day or two before O is always better, because the egg doesn't last too long and if they're waiting, your chances of conceiving go up!

I might be way off base, but I don't think that's what you're looking at! I hope it's something just as simple to remedy though! :)

Good luck and sticky baby dust to you!

The only thing I've heard about old sperm, is that you don't want to have gone too long since OH released before you need them in tip top shape. In other words, if you haven't BD'd in a week and he hasn't released so that his new swimmers could build up, the old sperm saved up from that week would be a lesser quality. I don't know that there is any correlation to the sperm that chill out up there waiting for your egg have the same issues. I think if they're still alive when the eggy drops, they're still going to be a-ok. But, don't quote me on that! Much info suggests that a day or two before O is always better, because the egg doesn't last too long and if they're waiting, your chances of conceiving go up!

I might be way off base, but I don't think that's what you're looking at! I hope it's something just as simple to remedy though! :)

Good luck and sticky baby dust to you!

Actually it is what I'm looking for. :) See, my chart might tell me one thing, but we have suspicion that I might O later (like on this chart, I'm noticing it). And since we hardly BD after O, my friend thinks that the leftover sperm from before could be the one getting the egg and since it's not "fresh," it could cause MC.

Thank you :)

Hi, I wondered this as well, I ovulate later in month and we BD uptil then so I wonder if this is what causes it, it implants but just doesnt hold on becuase of quality.

Using CBFM now has helped we are BD every other day to peak then BD every day (2 days peak) and then once or twice after for insurance.

When I got PG in may (sadly MC) we only BD 5 times in the whole month.

The "sperm meets egg plan" somewhere on BNB seems a good guide xxxx

I dont think thats how it works.

If the sperm is strong enough to go the distance to get to the egg and fertilise it - then thats the pregnancy. I do not think that if it happens to be a sperm thats been in there a while, it increases the chance of miscarriage.

They do recommend every 2nd day or so is best for conceiving - so the sperm will be fresh.

The month we got pregnant we did it 3 days in a row(just in the fertile window, of course!!!) We used to do it every 2nd day, but it didnt work for us!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"