Olivia Precious born 04/04/2009 @ 11.32 am

CountingDown

Reaction score
Finally got 5 mins to try and type up my birth story!!

Well my pains started in my back on Wednesday 2nd April at 11.30 in the evening. They started coming at 11.30pm and were so painful that they woke me up!

My o/h and I went downstairs and I began to time the contractions but they were really irregular. I managed to get about 2 hours sleep that night and that was it after that until Saturday night!!

The pains carried on throughout thursday but were still really irregular but so painful I couldnt sleep through them!!

I managed until 11.30pm Thursday evening when the contractions were about 7 mins apart and totally in my back. I rang through to the labour ward and they asked me to go through to be checked as I had been suffering with high blood pressure.

I got checked over and was told I was only 1cm dilated but my cervix was quite thin and sent home :cry:.

I barely coped through friday as the pains were so bad and totally in my back and carried on roughly every 7 minutes. The only thing that would ease the pain slighty was for me to stand and my o/h to rub my back reall hard through the contraction.

My o/h had not slept since the pains began so my mum came up and they took it in turns to sit with me whilst the other slept. I tried to have a few baths but everytime a contraction hit I had to stand up and was shouting for someone to rub my back :rofl:

At 11.30pm with every passing contraction, i began to feel a tricle of fluid and this carried on until 1.00am saturday morning when my o/h and mum finally convinced me to let them phone labour ward (i was so scared about getting sent home again!).

I got through to the labour ward at 2.00am and was examined and it was confirmed my waters had gone, i was 4cm dilated and you could see Olivias hair!

I was sent to have a bath and as soon as I got into the water and relaxed my contractions stopped.

I sat in the bath for 40 mins and then hooked up to the monitor for 30 mins. As my blood pressure was high they decided to hook me up to the drip to get things moving. This was put in at 7.15am whilst I was sat bouncing on a birthing ball and sucking on the gas and air (good stuff! I was actually laughing at my voice in between the contractions). I managed on the gas and air until 9.00am when the contraction were coming thick and fast and still all in my back.

By this point I was shouting for more pain relief and I had a shot of pethidine (sp?). I cant remember much from here on, not sure if this was due to the drugs or lack of sleep or both. My o/h tells me I kept shouting at the midwife to 'get her out' or for an epidural or shouting for my o/h even though he was stood right next to me :blush:. This carried on until 11.00am when I was told by the m/w it was time to push.

This part I can remember lol. I pushed for around 30 mins and Olivia came into the world, o/h cut her cord and she was passed straight to me and I cried. She weighed 7 pounds and 8 1/2 ounces. I only had a small tear and had one external and one internal stitch.

Here are a few pics of my princess and one of my o/h whilst we were waiting for them to insert the drip xx

Attachments

• Baby Olivia 017.jpg
    Baby Olivia 017.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 107
  • Baby Olivia 019.jpg
    Baby Olivia 019.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 93
  • Baby Olivia 009.jpg
    Baby Olivia 009.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 102
awww beautiful!! and what a pic of OH :rofl: hard work for him aye? :rofl: congrats to you

Congratulations she is beautiful x

CONGRATS :) how much did she weigh??

XXXXXXXXXX

Congrats hun, which hosp did you give birth at? xx

Congratulations hun, totally gorgeous x~x~x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members