Ombre Hair

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by JuicyLucy, Jan 29, 2011.

1. JuicyLucy

JuicyLucy Mummy to Jack and Mia

Just wondering what you ladies think of it? For those who don't know, it's where the ends of your hair are lighter than your roots. Sounds odd.. but i love it:

https://i51.tinypic.com/vhart3.jpg

At the moment, I've got light brown hair, and i'm wanting a bit lighter as i think it's too dark (I used to be blonde). Just wondering how i'd do this.. and also if i decided to go like this:

https://i55.tinypic.com/2uj1tm9.jpg

Could i use just a permanent colour?
    And what colour is it.. I normally use nice and easy but never see a shade where it'd work.

Thanks in advance :kiss:

2. AP

AP Well-Known Member

1st pic is done with blonde slices Hun, and a bit of free hand, the second has highlights.
    I quite like both of them but to make it look good you'd need to see a hairdresser Hun.

3. Shri

Shri Well-Known Member

I just did my own...very subtle though, much more subtle than the first pic. Was easy. I have dark brown hair so picked a permanent colour a few shades lighter than my natural colour and applied it to the ends of my hair and a little bit of free hand. Came out fine, but I might do it again in a bit as it's really a bit too subtle.

4. NickyT75

NickyT75 RIP Sophie my angel

I wouldn't tackle it myself coz id be too worried about making a mess :rofl: go see a hairdresser then you know its gonna be done properly :flower: xx

5. aly888

aly888 Lana-Boo's mummy & WTT #2

The short hair you would definitely want highlights through it, so I would see a hair dresser.
    For the long style you could attempt it yourself, but again, you will always get a better result by going to someone who knows what they are doing :thumbup:

6. staycutee

staycutee mummy

I like it although the second pic isnt what I'd consider the ombre look

oh just realised you meant the first pic only lol

7. belladonna

belladonna Well-Known Member

I'm not keen, to me it just looks like they need their roots doing or that they are growing out the colour.

8. AP

AP Well-Known Member

Thats what i think ^
    Theres a fine line between getting the look right or looking like you need massive roots done.