Omega Supplement

LilSnowflake

Reaction score
Does anyone know what dosage is safe & effective for TTC?

I'm taking Pregacare Conception, and heard Mumomega cant be taken alongside it b/c they both contain Vit E and would have too high a dose when combined.

So im going to have to find a different Omega supp and not sure what dosage or type i should be looking for. :shrug:

Any ideas ladies? xxx

I take fish oil capsules every day, and it is good for conception and good once you get pregnant. I think the "recommended" dose is 1200 mg a day, but I've found that any official recommendation of a vitamin or supplement is always the bare minimum. If you get capsules of 1000 mg, the part you actually use in your body equals about 700 mg. So taking two 1000 mg capsules should do it, although I personally take four a day.

It's a good supplement for men, too. HTH

I've been taking salmon oil in capsules for a few weeks, 2000mg a day. Be careful though, because it's quite strong blood thinner. Don't mix it with aspirin and watch out for any cuts. I had a tiny cut on the finger not being able to form scar tissue for 24 hours. Had to stop taking the capsules for a few days and went heavy on Vitamin K foods (it's a blood thickener).

Great question!
I just recently started taking Omega 3-6-9 1000mg capsules this month and I'm ttc.
I read somewhere that taking this type of capsule is good for mum and baby.

This is the site I found this on: https://learningagain.wordpress.com/ttc-basic-information/suppliments-for-ttc/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->