Omega Supplement

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by LilSnowflake, Jan 30, 2011.

1. LilSnowflake

LilSnowflake Well-Known Member

Does anyone know what dosage is safe & effective for TTC?

I'm taking Pregacare Conception, and heard Mumomega cant be taken alongside it b/c they both contain Vit E and would have too high a dose when combined.

So im going to have to find a different Omega supp and not sure what dosage or type i should be looking for. :shrug:

Any ideas ladies? xxx

2. AnnaLaura

AnnaLaura TTC #1

I take fish oil capsules every day, and it is good for conception and good once you get pregnant. I think the "recommended" dose is 1200 mg a day, but I've found that any official recommendation of a vitamin or supplement is always the bare minimum. If you get capsules of 1000 mg, the part you actually use in your body equals about 700 mg. So taking two 1000 mg capsules should do it, although I personally take four a day.

It's a good supplement for men, too. HTH

3. Soili

Soili Well-Known Member

I've been taking salmon oil in capsules for a few weeks, 2000mg a day. Be careful though, because it's quite strong blood thinner. Don't mix it with aspirin and watch out for any cuts. I had a tiny cut on the finger not being able to form scar tissue for 24 hours. Had to stop taking the capsules for a few days and went heavy on Vitamin K foods (it's a blood thickener).

4. millybum

millybum a teeny tiny bit pregnant