OMG, 7 more weeks and then it's summer holidays

leeanne

Mom of 3 and Stepmom of 2
Reaction score
And the kids will be out of school for two months! :argh:

Where do I remember the scare from :haha:?

:rofl:

Gosh, not looking forward to it.

Jayden is the one who acts up the most. He definitely needs to be in school 5 days per week every week. haha

Urgh! Luckily we have abit longer, Think kieran finishes around 20th july?? 6weeks is far too long!

We still have a little over 11 weeks as they finish on the 23rd July, I cant wait :)

Arrrggghhh, thanks for that lovely reminder :haha: I certainly hope my tiredness has eased off by then!!

We only have til June 4th!! But then after summer I'll be sending 2 back to school instead of 1

Thats cool is Casen going to start first or second grade ?

I cant wait for the holidays :D

Me neither .. i love having them home .. i hate that they have to go to school but they love school and seeing their friends,
I enjoy their company and love spending all that time with them, to me the 6 weeks holls cant come soon enough and arnt long enough :cloud9: :cloud9:

:happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

Thats cool is Casen going to start first or second grade ?

Casen just turned 5 so he'll be starting kindergarten :D Landon will be in 2nd grade next year. Casen hasn't been in school yet (besides a couple months at age 3 when we were in colorado still) so it's going to be a big adjustment. It will be kind of nice only having one at home though lol

hehe I think ti is funny how Kindergarten is used differently in other nations of the world :haha: Here Kindergarten is what would be nursery I think. You go there from 3years to 6 years and at 6 years or 7 years they get into year 1 :D.

Oh really? Interesting! Here we have preschool at age 3, pre K at age 4 (those aren't mandatory and really most don't go unless the parents are working) then kindergarten is 5 and grade 1 at 6

Some schools also have pre school for kids aged 6 that arent deemed ready for the first year. Most primary schools have 4 years atm , but some states are trying to change that.

Totally hijacking the thread sorry lol

Morri how do they decide they are ready? Do they have to pass a test to start school or something?

Yes , I can also remember being at one.
(loosely though only) and the school doctors(from the education office of that district)
assess a child on its ability levels, like coordination, language level(speaking), behaviour, concentration, visual and acustic perception, etc.

They also get in the opinions of the kindergarten staff, and the doctors U9 assessment(the U (for Untersuchung) is a series of doctor checkups from newborn till 6 years old.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->