OMG advice please...not pregnancy related...

natasja32

Mum to 4 boys
Reaction score
Hubby came home from work at 5.30 and said he didnt feel well. He fell asleep on the sofa,no temp. Woke up bout 30 mins ago and went to the toilet. He did look a bit pale. I heard this altmighty thud and called his name with no answer. Ran upstairs and he had passed out hitting his head on the bath. His eyes were open but didnt respond for a couple of seconds. I put a cloth on his head and then he said he was going to be sick. Which he was...He says he hasnt got cramps on his tummy.Feeling a little better and doesnt seem to have a temp,yet. I dont know what to do. What could it be??? Please advise. Im so scared.:cry: He did say he felt a little nauseas at lunch and then started feeling flue not long after.

Wow, take him to the hospital. If he hit his head hard enough, he could have a concussion, plus passing out is no small thing either. Hope he feels better!

does he have any blood sugar issues??? sounds like low blood sugar if he hasn't been ill.

phone the on-call doctor and explain all the symptoms or ring NHS direct - they should be able to give you the advice you need. sorry I'm not being more helpful, but I'm not a doctor. hope all is ok hun & nothing serious. xxx

He just keeps saying he is fine,he doesnt need to go to hospital.:cry: I dont know what to do.

would call nhs but they will ask you to take him hospital they will do some tests and make sure he is ok

ring NHS direct and ask them what you should do hunni :hugs: xx

I'd definitely call NHS direct. Or force him to go to folkestone walk-in centre to be checked out- he could faint again and do serious damage!

that bp is a little low not really low would def go to walk in centre atleast

ask him if it was you would he let you leave or would he make sure you got checked out x

he definately needs to be checked out.....

his blood pressure does seem a little low! have yourchildren not been ill recentley? could he not have picked there bug up? hope hes ok! x

My son had an ear infection and really bad cold. Just rung nhs and his bp has always been that "low",so i quess he has borderline low bp. He is on muscle relaxents for his back and had some cocodomol for the pain. According to the nhs if he is feeling unwell,ie fluy and his bp is low anyway the cocodomol can apparently make him feel woozy. We have to keep an eye on him where he bumped his head and if anything changes he needs to go in asap.

Keep a close eye on him, you'll be in my thoughts. Hope everything is ok.

Cat
xxx

Keep a close eye on him, you'll be in my thoughts. Hope everything is ok.

Cat
xxx

There will be no sleep for me tonight. I think he is already fed up of me asking if he is ok. Does he feel dizzy? Does he have a headache? ect. He scared the hell out of me,i almost burst into tears.

Yeah, I wouldn't sleep either, I'm exactly the same. It must have been terrifying, and you definitely don't want him to do that to you again!
If he won't go to the hospital, will he at least go to the GP? Worth it to put your mind at rest.
I'm sure he'll be fine, but I think he does need to see someone. He can't keep fainting on you!

Cat
xxx

Yeah, I wouldn't sleep either, I'm exactly the same. It must have been terrifying, and you definitely don't want him to do that to you again!
If he won't go to the hospital, will he at least go to the GP? Worth it to put your mind at rest.
I'm sure he'll be fine, but I think he does need to see someone. He can't keep fainting on you!

Cat
xxx

I know! Im having such a stress free pregnancy.:dohh: I will be making him go to the gp tomorrow. If he doesnt want to do it for himself,he can do it for me and the kids. Im just glad the kids are at nannas tonight. I was petrified so god knows how my poor boys would have felt,seeing daddy who is 6.4 laying on the bathroom floor. Men,why do they have to be so dam stubborn.:growlmad:

that is a little low blood pressure. could also be sugar related (those go hand in hand) i'd def call the doctor and have someone look at him! hope it's nothing serious!

I don't want to panic you, but please call the hospital and get him checked. Passing out and vomitting could be a sign of something underlying. Please convince him that you need to get him checked for YOUR peace of mind. I don't think he'd want to stress out a pregnant woman. Hope all is well hun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->