OMG! Do I need to rush her to the Emergency Room????

L

LilDreamy

Hey.

I feel like such a horrible parent!! :cry:

Alexa was having a tantrum galore when I was trying to change her diaper on my bed.

She took off with a horrifying mess of poop all over her butt.

I grabbed her really quick to try nad wipe it all away so it wouldn't get all over the place. It was a fight I kept having to hold her down while she screamed and arched.

I was fed up. I was going to put her on the naughty step for the first time for a minute. I'm just stressed and really want her to stop acting like this during diaper changes. (I know it's a bit young for naughty steps...) Just fed up. I don't want to yell or anything.

So I was walking rather quickly while holding her to put a naughty chair somewhere. When I tripped over one of her toys. And we both went down. Her head hit the floor on the side! :cry: :cry:

She cried for a good 30 seconds to a minute.
I held her and cried for longer just rocking her and rubbing her head.
After 30 seconds she is laughing, dancing, hitting me, and acting her usual self.

But could this have done something to her brain? Maybe bleeding? There is a large knot on her head... I'm scared is all. I've never experienced any falls where she has hit her head.

Do I need to rush her to the ER???

It's your call. You know how hard she hit her head. Personally the fact she cried immediately, I consider a good thing. If it were me, I'd keep an eye on her for a few hours and see how she is. If she's odd in anyway, sleepy, sick, confused, I'd take her.

Since right now she is acting normal I wouldn't be too concerned. Keep an eye on her and keep her awake for a little while. If she starts to fall asleep and is not easily roused, becomes lethargic or starts vomiting then I would take her to the ER. The goose egg on her head is actually a good sign. It's also good that she cried for so little time, it usually takes my LO's several minutes to stop crying after a hard bump to the head. :hugs:

Here, maybe this will help.
https://www.whattoexpect.com/toddler/childhood-injuries/head-injuries-in-children.aspx

Thanks girls. I'm watching her like a hawk right now. Anything out of the norm, I'm going to take her asap.

And I think she stopped crying because she looked up and saw me crying. Poor thing. :(
:nod:

Thank you. I feel so horrible. :(
I shouldn't have gotten to upset over her little tantrum. :( I should just be happy I have someone so precious in my life. :cry:

Thank you again.

Don't beat yourself up! We all get frustrated and that is okay, in fact it's expected. You didn't do anything wrong, it was an accident. It could have happened if you were laughing and singing and dancing around. These things happen and nothing good will come from you beating yourself up. You are a wonderful mama and your LO knows that. :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Thank you hardworknmama! That link was very reassuring.

And thank you for the comforting words. :)
Alexa has been fine since the fall... if anything she's been even more playful than usual. lol.

Hate seeing her get hurt.. but I guess it's going to happen throughout her life. But none from me! I'm going to be extra careful. Atleast I better! >:l

Ty again! :D

Aww honey, like the others say, if she is acting normal and cried straight away, then just keep an eagle eye on her.
ALso, like the others it was just an accident, they happen. I smacked TObi's head on the banister edge a few weeks back when I was putting him to bed... had to keep him up for another couple of hours to check he was not altered!
Hugs to you. xx

it happens to the best of us hun :hugs: just keep an eye out for her being unusually tired, vomiting etc or being unusually cranky. try not to beat yourself up. :hugs:

Since right now she is acting normal I wouldn't be too concerned. Keep an eye on her and keep her awake for a little while. If she starts to fall asleep and is not easily roused, becomes lethargic or starts vomiting then I would take her to the ER. The goose egg on her head is actually a good sign. It's also good that she cried for so little time, it usually takes my LO's several minutes to stop crying after a hard bump to the head. :hugs:

Here, maybe this will help.
https://www.whattoexpect.com/toddler/childhood-injuries/head-injuries-in-children.aspx

That's what my LOs doctor told me once when I called them for a goose egg on my LO head.

also...with bumps and bangs...swelling out is good, swelling in is bad. so if she's acting fine with a big knot on her head I'd say she's fine.

:hugs: I have been told if they pass out/throw up/act differently etc they need to go right to the hospital

Hi hope shes ok, my lil one had a fall a few weeks ago and seemed ok but 2 days later he developed a squint and had to go hospital, thankfully his eye is fine now but just keep an eye on your lil one x

The important indicator is vomiting, that is when you really need to quickly rush them to hospital. Second indicator is lethargy.

If none of the above I think its safe to say that all is ok

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back