omg DS just choaked on greggs porridge!!!

lynne192

mum 2 James & Libby
Reaction score
Hey all need some advice, i have complainted to Greggs but i think there might be something else i can do, i bought my son greggs porridge this morning because i was in a rush to get to an appointment, while he was eating it he started to choak and then spat up the food along with a small piece of sharp wood!!!!! i was soo lucky he coughed it back up but still sooooo not happy with greggs

i wish i could say this is the first time this has happened but about 2years ago my son was eating a susage roll when he started screaming and opened his mouth to it being cut up turned out there was glass in the susage roll i never got any reply to my complaint other than the offer of a free susage roll. how rediculous is this! we stopped eating there for a while until we moved and only rescently started eating it again. i dunno what to do about this cause i know its not just a one off!

i worked for greggs when i was younger and never had anyone complain about anything like this but hearing more and more complaints recently....

anyone know what i shoulkd do who i should complain to this could have killed my son! twice!

Oh my god!Your poor son!!!

I would try environmental Health at your local council.xx

thanks phoned food standard agency they told me to contact local health service. :(

I can't believe they didn't do more for you than just offer you a free sausage when you found glass in it!! I wouldn't just talk to someone at the store I would complain to someone higher up. Did you keep the wood piece or the glass piece? You would think they would be offering you a ton of money to stop you from suing!

That's terrible! I have no advice hun :hugs: but that is absolutely shocking.

My OH has only ever found a hair in a sausage roll in Bayne's and all they did was give him vouchers..for Bayne's!! He's never wanted to eat there since.

I hope your boy is okay xxx

A piece of wood :shock:

I would take the wood to EH.

:hugs:

V xxx

well got an email this morning from greggs and i am utterly disguested! all they said was pass on our sorry to your son and we hope this doesn't happen again. my 3year old son almost choaked to death on a piece of wood found in thier product!

Hope you are able to explain this to Eviromental Health and it is not good looks for greggs if they are continuing like this. You have every rights to complain because it has happened twice to your son and you are thinking for others not just your son.

Now it had made me think not to buy anything from greggs, ugh.

Hope you get the response you wanted from EH. Xxxx

thanks they are going to look ito it if greggs had given me a recipte i could have taken them to court :(

I can't believe they didn't do more for you than just offer you a free sausage when you found glass in it!! I wouldn't just talk to someone at the store I would complain to someone higher up. Did you keep the wood piece or the glass piece? You would think they would be offering you a ton of money to stop you from suing!

i couldn't sue because they took the susage roll off of me and i didn't have a recipet to prove i bought it they are quick that way

Maybe they dont want to get in trouble if they did something with food to protect themselves from any troubles with court. So best to get EH in and they will check the place out and they will decide what to do with them. X

yeah thats why you don't give you proof of what you bought unless you ask for it etc and take the evidence away as quickly as possible can not believe it i am utterly disguested

If you never left the shop then they should see your lo choking on the cameras. Also, most shops have a second receipt roll on the till for proof. You can match the time on the receipt with the time on the camera.

they will have record of it but they do no issue this proof unless you ask for it, i used to work with them and they don't have CCTV in this store, even if they did sadly it would have been useless cause althought they might see me buying it from there because its mad using boiled water it would have been miles too hot to give to my DS so had went to the bank and such before i even gave him it we were on the way home when it happened.

werid thought but do you think they could have used a wooden type stirrer to make the porridge? i didn't see her making it and thinking that sometimes they use stuff like this to make tea?

:shock: Absolutely shocking! I'd be raising a fuss online until they start losing business and are forced into doing something, before someone else gets hurt or worse. :( :hugs:

they are a huge business hun doubt they will lose much business no matter how hard i tried :'(

well i'll never be going there again! So your complaining's working a bit lol!!!

omg this is terrible! im going to be making sure in future that i ask for receipts from anywere i go!

i know this is nothing like what has happened to your son, but last year we went to a little cafe called macaris for lunch, i ordered DD a sandwich with no butter on (knowing it would then have to be made fresh) when they brought it to us there was a great big thick black hair poking out through the bread and trailing over the side salad, i sent it back straight away and it was replaced with another sandwich (i told her to cut this 1 in triangles so i knew it was a different sandwich and not just the same 1 with the hair pulled out! and when it came back again there was a bite out of a piece of cucumber! i couldnt believe it! we went to the till demanded back our money (making a big a scene as possible!) and left to go to marksies instead! its terrible how shops can get away with things these days! there needs to be alot more mystery shoppers going to food places!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->