omg girlies please help :'( so worried

MummyMummy

Reaction score
we rent, as you all know. have been here for 6months. when we first moved here apartment hadbeen put into receivership as past landlord hadn'tpaid his mortgage. we had to go through so much hassell to get carpets and curtains (which original landlord had agreed too and ofcourse was reasonwe had wantd to move in as we don't have extra for curtains/carpets, but had then cancelled but nobody thought to tell us?!)

we've always paid our rent on time. no problems, they never contacted us, we never contacted them.

today we received a letter from the management company of where we live... not the landlord the actual management from the appartment block telling us 'dear lessee(not our name, 'lessee' which of course would be person who owned appartment right? and we don't we rent)' we owe £1,113.88! and this is the 'final notice' wehave never had a 1st or 2nd though?

and when we moved in here that'sone of the things i asked who pays maintenance asof course the maintenance plus rent would work out v.expensive and we were told byestate agent that it was paid by landlord - all covered in rent.

i'm so scared we have a bill for thou and odd :'( we can't afford it, we have a 3year old and a new baby coming and a new car to pay for and if we take the biggar house which we need we will have more rent to pay :'(

anybody any advice?

nobody (including management) has ever mentioned paying this maintenance :(
xXx

you need to contact whomever your paying your rent too, have you got reciepts for payments youve made? also contact this management company and querie the letter and explain the situation,

when you have a clear view of what their saying etc then go to citizens advice, id say their your best bet chick x

you need to contact whomever your paying your rent too, have you got reciepts for payments youve made? also contact this management company and querie the letter and explain the situation,

when you have a clear view of what their saying etc then go to citizens advice, id say their your best bet chick x

we've gone through aaall our contract (all 26pages!!not including other 2page contracts about inside appartment and repairs etc etc) and it says nothing about us having to pay maintenance or setting up a dd to pay it ( even though it mentions dd for rent/utilites/sorting phones out yourself etc etc)

we can't contact them all unti tuesday, it's a whole weekend of worrying :(
*Sigh*

everything we pay is all d.d/s.o so would be on bankstatements.

thankyoufor your help

xXx

i have rented in the past and maintenance is normally covered by the landlord, i would imagine that the letter is meant for him, as it is a flat he would have a leasehold of it and therefore would be referred to as lessee.

I don't know anything about how it works there but hope it all gets sorted out for you.. in the meantime, try to enjoy the long weekend!!

Aww hun I hope you get it all sorted out. :hug:

thankyou, really hope something can be sorted about it
xXx

I Will Agree Surely Thats All Down To The Landlord Not You! Hope You Get It All Sorted Hun :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->