OMG - HIP Grant

PuffinMuffin

Loving being a Mummy!
Reaction score
Sorry but I have to get this off my chest, just phone the HIP grant helpline (helpline? ok thats a joke) to try and find out whether my form has been received as I haven't heard anything and stupidly didn't send it by recorded delivery.
So finally got thru to someone and asked whether they could check whether it had been received only to be told that they "dont have access to the system". So I said "is there no way I can give you my nat insurance number and you can check when I might get it paid?" and he said "No, we dont have access". So I said "basically I've just got to wait until may and if I dont hear anything from you then its safe to assume my form got lost" and he said "you'll have to wait til may to find out, we will contact you when its processed".
ARGH! Am absolutely desperate for the money (as i'm sure a lot of you ladies are) especially as my hubby is out of work, and they couldn't even tell me if they had my form or not :(
So dont seem like there is anything I can do but wait and see :( sorry to whinge, its my due date today and I know she's going to stay put and I was really hoping for some good news from them :( rubbish!

gosh thats not good ! i know a few have been paid it straight into there accounts without a letter or anything, so keep checking ur bank, also my mw said to me there only just sorting it out and march/april mums will b sorted first..... dont think u will have to wait much longer x

:hugs: My hubby is out of work and my MW wouldnt let us have the form even tho Im only a few days from 25 weeks. She also told me that I wouldnt get anything till may if not later.

Sorry they were no help for you.

xx

That's really disgusting! :growlmad:

I wonder if there is an independent authority we can complain to?

I had similar probs, I did send mine recorded delivery but Royal Mail lost it!!! My midwife said she could only give me the one form, I rang the HIP helpline asking if they could allow my midwife to give me a new form as it's not my fault Royal Mail lost it and got told that no you are only allowed to be given one form so I've now lost out on £190 because Royal Mail are incompetent wotsits.

To say I was not impressed that the HIP people won't allow me to be given another form was an understatement as I really need the money as I was going to use that to buy his reusable nappies :hissy::hissy:

Thanks for your replies ladies, made me feel a bit better that its not just me that outraged!
Mummyburgo thats seriously crap! hope you get your form asap!
Lottie, what the hell?! thats ridiculous!!! why couldn't they give you another form? not as if your going to get paid two lots of money. I bet you were fuming! :(
I swear some authorities just enjoy causing grief!
Well I hope it gets sorted soon for all of us :)

I had similar probs, I did send mine recorded delivery but Royal Mail lost it!!! My midwife said she could only give me the one form, I rang the HIP helpline asking if they could allow my midwife to give me a new form as it's not my fault Royal Mail lost it and got told that no you are only allowed to be given one form so I've now lost out on £190 because Royal Mail are incompetent wotsits.

To say I was not impressed that the HIP people won't allow me to be given another form was an understatement as I really need the money as I was going to use that to buy his reusable nappies :hissy::hissy:

i sent mine recorded too and it never got there!!! i can't believe that we can't get another form, i was gonna ask my mw for another when i see her next week. if we can't then we should be able to claim the money off royal mail...i'm sooo cheesed off now coz like you, they money was going towards reuseable nappies :hissy:

Sorry but I have to get this off my chest, just phone the HIP grant helpline (helpline? ok thats a joke) to try and find out whether my form has been received as I haven't heard anything and stupidly didn't send it by recorded delivery.
So finally got thru to someone and asked whether they could check whether it had been received only to be told that they "dont have access to the system". So I said "is there no way I can give you my nat insurance number and you can check when I might get it paid?" and he said "No, we dont have access". So I said "basically I've just got to wait until may and if I dont hear anything from you then its safe to assume my form got lost" and he said "you'll have to wait til may to find out, we will contact you when its processed".
ARGH! Am absolutely desperate for the money (as i'm sure a lot of you ladies are) especially as my hubby is out of work, and they couldn't even tell me if they had my form or not :(
So dont seem like there is anything I can do but wait and see :( sorry to whinge, its my due date today and I know she's going to stay put and I was really hoping for some good news from them :( rubbish!

I phoned this morning and was told exactly the same thing, he was also quite rude! I've kept a photocopy of the form so hopefully I could re-submit it they can't find it.

My friend got paid her grant on Weds and she didnt send hers off till the end of March, I sent mine on the 11th Feb!

So frustrating isn't it.

Again as someone said I too sent my form by recorded and signed for and according to the tracker its never left the post office where I did this....I have been to post office and they say it would have been sent that day etc etc soooo I am assuming they are not signing for them at the other end which is terrible and am sure we can claim something from royal mail...unfortunately I think its just the cover of sending the letter!

But have had the same response from the HIP people too but have yet to call back.

Emma.xx

Again as someone said I too sent my form by recorded and signed for and according to the tracker its never left the post office where I did this....
Emma.xx

thats what it said on my tracker too!, i rang royal mail and she just said, oh it must have been lost!!! xx

I cant believe the amount of them that seem to be getting lost, bloody Royal Mail!
It seems ridiculous that you spend extra money and time getting it sent recorded delivery, to try and make sure it gets there, and then when it doesn't you still lose out! How does that make sense?!
Am just really hopefully that badgering MW's and the HIP people means that everyone gets another form and gets their money.
Well done those mummy's planning to spend it on reuseables, finished washing mine yesterday, so cute!!! :)

I would ring again hun, I had a similar sort of problem with the sure start grant, one person was so unhelpful, but I rang again the next day someone else, and they saw it had been received.

if you havnt already looked into it you might be eligeable for the £500 sure strat maternity grant that doesnt need paying back. If your hubby is out of work then he should qualify (I think).

Thanks Tasha, I think I'll try phoning again tomorro, might have better luck with a different person!
Staceymy thanks!!
NoSpringChick, thanks but we dont qualify, he's on JSA but as its not income based, as I supposidly earn too much lol, we dont get nothing :( but thanks for mentioning it :)

If they never received it how will they know you got given more than one anyway :dohh:

Can't believe your mw won't just do another one guess they get held responsible for any fraud. I would complain to your local MP about that one!

i had a phone call from them today to say my national insurance number was wrong nd apparently there are loads of people in the same situation!!!!
i think ive got it sorted but what a cock up again from the government!!!!!:(

Hi Girls.

Well I can't beleive how many have got lost!! I very stupidly didn't send mine recorded del even though i wanted too, I did get proof of poastage Not that that means anything!! :hissy:

I also filled out my account number wrong, but corrected it. But they sound like complete idiots so no doubt someone else will get my £190! :hissy:

I hope i get it, i'm starting to worry now! :cry:

i need it too. as i'm sure everyone does! :cry::cry:

Fingers crossed!

Again as someone said I too sent my form by recorded and signed for and according to the tracker its never left the post office where I did this....

That's exactly what it said about mine!! I sent it recorded as I wanted to prove that they had received it. Seems madness that if we had just posted it in the prepaid envelope it might have got there :dohh:

I've not even been given mine by my midwife and I don't see her again until I'm 32 weeks, so thats 7 weeks worth of waiting I've missed out on.

Ladies who have had theirs lost by royal mail, is there no way you can get it compensated for by royal mail?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->