OMG!!!! I feel terrible

crazy84

Mommy to 3
Reaction score
I was cutting Klaire's toenails and I got her toe!! :( Poor thing let out a cry and then was all smiles. I felt horrible!! It was bleeding and everything!! That is my least favorite part of cutting fingernails and toenails!!

Also.... Any suggestions on how to get Klaire to sleep in her cot next to my bed??? She has always slept on me... But I feel that she moves around too much now and I am afraid she will get into a spot where she can't breath! Anything would help!! Thanks! And no i dont have any books on sleeping. Thanks ladies!!

Oh no about the toe :(
She will soon forget about it!!
You could try filing them if ur worried about doing it again..

With my LO i swaddled her then waited until she was half asleep then put her in her cot.. That was a week ago.. Now i just swaddle and put her straight down and she goes to sleep within 5-10 mins. Or swaddle, bottle and she goes straight down..

Xx

The first time I attempted to clip William's nails I accidently caught his thumb in the clippers. It didn't bleed but he cried lots and it took a while to calm him down. I felt so bad and I'm not trying it again any time soon. Don't feel too bad. I'm sure lots of people have done it. :hugs: No advice on the sleeping sorry but good luck.

It is terrible. I called my mom and told her that I was never cutting her nails again!! lol My mom assured me that she had done the same and we were fine! lol

Awww :hugs: And yes I'm sure your mom chopped you a few times too, lol. I actually bite my LO's cause I'm too scared to do it with clippers...

I bite my little mans too cos I caught his finger and he cried for absolutely ages! x

Poor little thing! I'm sure she's fine. sounds like you feel a lot worse than she does about it.

Not sure when you clip your baby's nails, but a little tip that helps me...I do it when he is sleeping, that way there is no wiggling and fighting him.

xx

I caught Ella's finger the other week - she was sleeping when I did it but moved. I felt awful and sat crying for ages.

As for the sleeping try putting something you have worn in with her - for example the top you wore that day as it will smell of you and comfort her.

I take my lo to nannys to have her nails cut now, I did it once n made it sore n it was red for ages :( I know I need to brave it again as I can't do it forever, but I can still get away with it for now :) x

Aww bless. At least she was all smiles in the end:D
I always cut Aliyahs when shes asleep. I can't even put a nappy on her without her moving let alone do her nails:dohh:x

please dont feel guilty, most of my friends have done the same aswell as me! he will have forgotten about it now! xxxx

This is why I always make OH cut her nails. I don't even like cutting my own nails!

And not sure about how to get her to sleep in her cot. My baby usually co-sleeps with us but I've started putting her down in her box lately and she just took to it straight away so I guess I got lucky (seems to sleep better in fact, which makes me a little sad :( )
Maybe try putting her down when she's nice and sleepy after eating and stroke her back or her head til she falls asleep? I have to do that sometimes and it seems to work

I have to cut my LOs nails as they are really strong and sharp, even as a newborn they were and I accidentally nicked his thumb. I haven't done it since though, I cut his nails just enough so he doesn't scratch himself, every 2-3 days xx

I had same sleep issues with Ollie - had to sit up awake while he slept on me - had to swaddle him in order to get him back in his crib..... he goes to sleep on me first then I swaddle and place him in the crib....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->