OMG Im so excited I'm Pregnant again after mc last month

ninamama

Reaction score
Hi everyone, Im so excited to be pregnant again!! :bfp: just found out yesterday. I m-c last month and havent had my monthlies yet..some people say it hightens your chance of another m-c but for the moment all is well. Last one started with spotting that lasted about 2 weeks before it finally happend. I was lucky not to have a seriously painful m-c but now I cant help myself to worry that it might be too soon to be pregnant again. I keep telling myself Im not gonna stress out about it..nature seems to do what it wants anyway whether you stress or not. I was curious about the use of Progesterone. Should I be asking my doctor for a perscription? I heard it can be used to prevent another m-c..Anyone has any experience with this? Thanks for any advice..I dont have an appointment for another 2 wks and dont really want to wait if it can help if i start taking it now! :hugs: Im so happy xxx

I miscarried in Jan 09 and got pg again straight away without a/f.

I've never heard of being more likely to m/c straight after a m/c - in fact - the hospital told me that getting pg again straight away would be easier as my body would "know what to do" having just been pregnant.... they said my chances of m/c again were just the same as with my first pregnancy... so keep positive.

I was so worried waiting for my 12 week scan but was so happy when I had it last week and saw Button moving around with a strong h/b.

Good luck and keep positive - I've got my fingers crossed for you. :hug:

I heard the same!! And the same happened to me, I got pregnant straight away and didn't have af. So far everything is going ok. As for progesterone, I'm not sure that they will consider until 3 mc????

COngratulations and good luck

Amy xx

Congrats!! Hope all goes well and we all have a happy and healthy 9 months.. xoxox

Hi I dont know about the progesterone but i just wanted to send you massive congrats you must both be over the moon and to wish you a h&h 9 months xxxx :hug:

hey hunny congrats!! i fell preg straight away without an AF too! Your not more likely to have another m/c. After your m/c your more likely to fall pregnant as your more fertile but not more likely to m/c, so enjoy being pregnant and heres to a H&H 8 1/2 months! :) xx

Hi, I too am preggers after MMC in Jan 09, its very exciting although I know too that its worrying - the fears you have are natural - im sure all will be fine! Congratulations!!

Hi ladies, thank you for all the reassuring words..seems like its quite common to get pregnant straight away then. Im feeling really good so I think Im just gonna enjoy the experience rather than look for possible problems and stay off the hormones untill a doctor advises me to take them. Thanks again for all your advice! :hug:

I miscarried in Jan 09 and got pg again straight away without a/f.

I've never heard of being more likely to m/c straight after a m/c - in fact - the hospital told me that getting pg again straight away would be easier as my body would "know what to do" having just been pregnant.... they said my chances of m/c again were just the same as with my first pregnancy... so keep positive.

I am EXCATLY the same!!
My m/w laughed when I said I was worried about getting pg again straight away. She says it is only so they can get their dates correct, nothing to do with chance of m/c.

My baby is fine also xx

Generally in the UK the doctors do not prescribe progesterone easily. However, my gyno is in Greece (where i am from) and I asked him about using it as I also had a miscarriage a few months back and terrified with my new pregnancy.

He told me to take it, particularly after I told him that I had tiny spotting on early days. I currently take it in the form of pill during day time and pessary during night time as it is quite messy. I will contintue to take it for the whole 1st trimester to be on the safe side.

I dont have any major side effects, in fact I actually feel better taking it as it makes me feel that I am doing something more to support this pregnancy.

In the US the doctors do prescribe progesterone easier especially to women with re-occuring miscariage incidents.

I hope this helps! Congratulations with your pregnancy!

Alex

Congratulations!

I am pregnant after an early miscarriage in February and had no AF in between. I have been very nervous since getting this :bfp: but TTC again right away just felt right to us, and of course we're delighted it happened so quickly.

Big :hug: to you, i hope you have a very healthy and happy 40 weeks!

congratulations, im also pregnant after m/c last month xx

Hi everyone! Ive decided not to take the progesterone cause I managed to buy it from the pharmacy without perscription but when I read up on it one of the side effects could be early bleeding and so thought to wait untill I speak to the doctor. I think self medicating is never a good idea anyway! My next question is that because my mc consisted of 2wks of spotting and 3 days of period like bleeding, its really difficult to work out how far along I am. My doctors appointment isnt for another 10days and I just wanna know!!! Anyone else had experience with this?

HI! I'm preg again after mc in Feb and had no :witch: inbetween, and the midwife dated from the first day of my mc. When i went for an early scan they estimated that I wasn't as far along as that - but it's not until around your 12 wk dating scan that they can accurately tell the correct edd. Every bean grows at it's own rate until then!!!

Good luck and here's to a very happy pregnancy!

:hug:

Congratulations :)
Hope you have a happy healthy 9 months ! xx

I had a miscariage 5 months ago,hope i will get my BFP soon :)

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->