OMG is this a BFP?? ***UPDATE ON LAST PAGE***

cat118118

mother of 1 and expecting
Reaction score
Hi all

not posted in a while...Lots has happened! So we started ttc again and this month ive felt poorly alot so not really paid much attention to dates etc but the other day I was alittle constipated (Sorry tmi) I have never ever been constipated before so knew something was up but I have had the usual winter cough/cold. I had a look yesterday at my dates and figured out I was around 12dpo so decided to buy some tests just in case. Today I am 12dpo ish ( I have irregular cycle lengths there never the same) so decided to test when i got home from work at around 5:30 ish. I did the test and watched as the pink moved across the window and only saw 1 line come up #giantsadface! I put the test in my bedroom and went down stairs to start tea. I went back up around 5 minutes later and just thought I'd look and found a very faint positive line!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!! but as soon as I Googled it I keep seeing the words chemical pregnancy and not sure what this is so thought I would post my story and pic and see what your opinions are.

many thanks to all :)

Attachments

• 20141105_212118.jpg
    20141105_212118.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 150
Eeeek :happydance: looks like a BFP to me! Faint lines don't necessarily mean chemical pregnancy. 12dpo is still pretty early. Test with fmu tomorrow and is am sure it will be darker :) fx for a sticky bean and a healthy 9 months xxx

I see it too!! Congrats!! Keep us posted on whether it gets darker. :)

If it is within the time limit, it looks like a BFP to me :)

I was quite badly constipated (never been constipated before either!) and also came down with a really bad cold. That's what made me test at 16dpo. Unfortunately for me, it ended at 5w2d in miscarriage.

i can see something! congratz

also, a chemical pregnancy happens when you test early and get a bfp, but either the lines get fainter until period comes or the period comes(if you're not testing often). i didnt worry about my bfp because mine got very dark in just two days after a faint i could only see upclose at 8dpo.

My BFP line wasn't super faint, but I wouldn't say it was really dark either. Started bleeding at 5w2d unfortunately. I didn't test again to see if the line was getting darker/lighter after the first few BFP's (all within 2 days of eachother.) Next time I will probably be more paranoid and test often!! :(

Morning ladies

So I tested again this morning with fmu and got the biggest of biggest BFN!! :confused: there was nothing there not even a small faint line for me to obsess over lol im so confused now :-( I should be around 13 dpo . AF is due tomorrow- ish.

don't know what to think now :-( x

Attachments

• 20141106_071225.jpg
    20141106_071225.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 87
Hi cat, I have no idea sorry but I didn't just want to read and run... that is very strange. Maybe the line yesterday was an evap line? Or maybe the hormone levels fluctuate so early on? I'm starting to really believe people telling me that it's not reliable until af shows... fx for you though!

I am thinking it sounds evap.

In my experience, testing after you've missed AF is the only reliable way to test!

If it was me, Id try later on again, too...I've read that sometimes FMU comes negative when it's still so early. Worth a shot at least!

I can see a line on the 1st one but the second I don't think I can see anything. Not sure why this would happen other than the urine isn't concentrated enough or not enough soaked up. I'm having the same issue - squinting at my tests to find something. Changing the contrast on the photos to make it more visible etc. I think I've found a faint :bfp: this morning (not sure how many dpo as my cycles are irregular from hypothyroidism) and I am still doubting myself there's something there and one of my friends mentioned 2nd urine of the day or sometimes at night before bed it's more concentrated (if you haven't had a lot of fluids in the day). Worth a try!

:dust:
1st test
https://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f101/mrs_jellybean4/1_zpsd864553c.jpg
2nd test
https://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f101/mrs_jellybean4/2_zps2c213e39.jpg

Thanks everyone. I think the first one must have been a faint false positive :-( I havent tested again as I only have one left.

my period started on 1st of October and according to my AF tracker she is due tomorrow. So if I can hold off for abit I will test on Monday.

I keep looking at the second picture and one minute I think I can see a line then I look again and can't see anything. It's driving me mad!!
What's evap?

Thanks

xxx

Ok ladies this just gets weirder.....

so I couldn't help myself and did another test last night just to see if u were right about the late on in the day thing and guess what....ANOTHER FAINT LINE! So different from the second test as on that one there was DEFINATLY nothing there but on the first and 3rd there is a very faint line.

well according to my AF tracker she is due today which is day 38 in my cycle. I'm hoping that if I can hold off again (I know I've said that before hehe) im going to do it Monday if AF has arrived by then. I think I've gone abit POAS crazy - oops ie!

Opinions?

Much love and BD to everyone xx

Omg I did it again! I'm going crazy!!!!!

Another very faint line. That's 3 with faint lines. AF is due today ish.l so thought it would be darker. I keep reading up on chemical pregnancy and just hoping and praying that this isn't one. When I tested when i was expecting my daughter it came up clear as day so I keep doubting my self.

I really am going crazy! There have been many times before we're AF has been late so I've tested and got a bfn. This is the only time I've ever had a faint line. I'm so confused and wanna cry :'(

ive had a tiny dull ache in my stomach today aswell.

really don't know what to think. I keep ready success stories and unfortunately unsuccessful stories and im going out of my mind!!!

I really don't know what to do xx

Hope you get your bfp! Fingers crossed x keep us updated x I got a faint line 2 times last few days but nothing now so think mine were dud. Your lines look good tho xxx

Omg my husband I are are getting ready to go out tonight and when I said I was wearing heels he said "what if u fall over and THE BABY!" omg!! What if it turns out to bee a chemical pregnancy or im just seeing things he will be devastated

so emotional right now I don't know what to think....

:cry: :cry:

Just stay positive. I think those all look good and it may be too early to be super dark. Plus, if you do it at different times of the day your urine may have different concentration. :hugs: to you! Fingers crossed for that baby of yours!

I'm thinking you're probably Prego, 3 faint lines? Yuppers. ��

Cat I am in the same boat - 3days now and each have been a faint line but I would have thought it would be darker by now. I am still spotting and af is due in one more day so I am a little worried. I wanted to hold out for the dark positive to tell hubby but couldn't help myself and even he isn't sure. It's almost like it's too good to be true. My periods have been very irregular so I'm not 100% sure what this cycle will be but my tracker app says 13dpo... I would have thought I would have a bit of a stronger line by now.

If you have been using different test and poas at different times of the day I would say it's more than like a :bfp:! :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->