OMG I've just looked in the mirror!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by LuluBee, Oct 7, 2008.

1. LuluBee

LuluBee Mummy to Alex

Sorry ladies, I just wanted to share my horror with you all. I was getting out of the shower this morning and caught a glipse of my face in the mirror. I thought I'd managed to spill some food or fruit juice on my chin, but on closer inspection I seem to have developed a nasty skin discolouration overnight!
    I now look like I have a large love bite on this side of my chin - very stylish!
    Has anyone esle got this? I know it's normal to get brown blotches and a butterfly mask in pregnancy but this is really purple and looks like lots of broken veins on my chin - do you think it's normal?????

2. katieandbump

katieandbump Well-Known Member

Haven't experienced this, but my face is sooooooo spotty right now, its depressing.
    Maybe its just the extra blood, and will go soon, could it be cos u were hot coming out of the shower has it faded now? xx

3. helen1234

helen1234 Well-Known Member

Hun i don't know. i got like freckles coming either side of my eyes though lol, and they did start out reddish colour,
    hope your ok anyway hun keeping rested, you started the blanky yet
    xoxox

4. Neecee

Neecee Guest

Sounds like the "Mask of Pregnancy"!!!!!

I seem to have it from my chest all the way to my forehead!

5. hellotasha

hellotasha Loves Her Baby Girl. X

I havent had it YET but my mum got it when she was having me, looked like her face was dirty, she still has it now you can only tell in the summer though & the mask part goes darker than her skin, some people it goes some it stays xx

6. Amanda

Amanda Mum of 3

Ooo, I've never heard of this! Just another one of those great things they don't tell you about, eh?:dohh:

How is it now hun? Has it cleared up a bit once your skin has cooled?

7. LuluBee

LuluBee Mummy to Alex

No, my Mum's a nurse and has just had a look at it. She thinks I've slept on it funny (with my hand squashing my face) and burst a few little blood vessels. She said to get it checked out at my appointment next week if it's still there. Good job I'm on bed rest and not going anywhere!

8. redberry3

redberry3 Love My Little Peek <3

knocking on wood, I have yet to get this. but I am not sure if it is normal or not.

:hugs: you're still beautiful!!

xxx