OMG I've just looked in the mirror!

LuluBee

Mummy to Alex
Reaction score
Sorry ladies, I just wanted to share my horror with you all. I was getting out of the shower this morning and caught a glipse of my face in the mirror. I thought I'd managed to spill some food or fruit juice on my chin, but on closer inspection I seem to have developed a nasty skin discolouration overnight!
I now look like I have a large love bite on this side of my chin - very stylish!
Has anyone esle got this? I know it's normal to get brown blotches and a butterfly mask in pregnancy but this is really purple and looks like lots of broken veins on my chin - do you think it's normal?????

Haven't experienced this, but my face is sooooooo spotty right now, its depressing.
Maybe its just the extra blood, and will go soon, could it be cos u were hot coming out of the shower has it faded now? xx

Hun i don't know. i got like freckles coming either side of my eyes though lol, and they did start out reddish colour,
hope your ok anyway hun keeping rested, you started the blanky yet
xoxox

Sounds like the "Mask of Pregnancy"!!!!!

I seem to have it from my chest all the way to my forehead!

I havent had it YET but my mum got it when she was having me, looked like her face was dirty, she still has it now you can only tell in the summer though & the mask part goes darker than her skin, some people it goes some it stays xx

Ooo, I've never heard of this! Just another one of those great things they don't tell you about, eh?:dohh:

How is it now hun? Has it cleared up a bit once your skin has cooled?

No, my Mum's a nurse and has just had a look at it. She thinks I've slept on it funny (with my hand squashing my face) and burst a few little blood vessels. She said to get it checked out at my appointment next week if it's still there. Good job I'm on bed rest and not going anywhere!

knocking on wood, I have yet to get this. but I am not sure if it is normal or not.

:hugs: you're still beautiful!!

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"