OMG my poor poor nipples

Heather.78

Reaction score
so as some of you might know Maiya and I have made the switch to breastfeeding, problem being to get my milk supply up she is basically always attached to one breast or the other, Maiya has a hell of a powerful suck and although she is latched on properly my poor old nips are red and so sore phoned luke at work to get me nipple cream on his way home as Im abit house bound with all the feeding. so breastfeeding mothers please tell me there will be light at the end of the tunnel will my nips feel better soon when they get used to her sucking, and how long will it take to get proper big feeds for her?? (only asking because shes been on my boobies since 7 am this mornin omg its now 3.30pm and she has just gone for a nap, and thats exactly what Im going to do now soooooooo tired:sleep:

mine were really sore to begin with and I thought they'd be like that forever! But after about 2 weeks they started to toughen up and now it doesnt hurt me atall to feed her, I cant feel a thing! So dont let it put you off, just grin and bear it and it will get better..........I recomend Laninsoh (spelt somethnig like that!) its pricey, around £10 a tube, but it really helps! xxxx

Yup it does get better i can't feel much at all now unless she is not latched properly. Lasinoh cream really does help too :)

Yep it gets better and lansinoh is great. You dont have to wash it off before baby feeds either which is a great help xxx

I just rub some breast milk into them after feeding. Seemed to work a treat x

And do not wash them with soap! Just warm water when you are in the shower or bath.

10 to 14 days and things should be all better. You should see some relief in the next week.

Keep those nipples dry - breastmilk is a great salve. Just apply some when baby's done and let it dry on there. THEN if you still want to, apply Lansinoh over the dry nipples. That will work wonders too.

And as Samantha mentioned, no soap on the nipps! :)

I know a lot of women who just go topless around the house for this time while their nipples are adjusting.
:hug:

You're doing great! Just hang in there, and enjoy your nap!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->