Omg!!! Now im scared!

Discussion in 'Long Term Trying To Conceive' started by torilou, Apr 6, 2011.

1. torilou

torilou Well-Known Member

Just rang for results of blood tests and the receptionist wouldnt give them to me, said there was a comment from the doctor and I need to go and see them, said she coldnt give me the LH/FSH numbers but it says premenopausal and the doctor wants to see me

Got a appt in a hour luckily but not sure Im going to be able to hold the tears in, im shocked, have no idea why she told me this over the phone and there was no indication before of anyone saying this to me that this could be the problem

What do I do, what do I ask?? I dont know whether im coming or going at the mo :cry:

2. torilou

Thanks for all the read and runs :)

3. lovecutie1

lovecutie1 Well-Known Member

oh dear ..... everything will be fine don't worry.... sorry don't know what to say but didn't want just to read and run......:hugs:

4. torilou

lovecutie

Thanks hun, it went fine, was just sooo scared x

5. lovecutie1

what did they say ??? I hope what the the lady saying was wrong....

6. torilou

lovecutie

Yes the doctor wrote notes and is going to have a word as she shouldnt of summised when its not her job to! Not the first time this has happened, it happened a year ago with a different receptionist as well!

Got a print out this time so at least I can keep track myself but at least the gp I saw did actually seem to understand what she was talking about herself xx

7. lovecutie1

That was really scary, glad she was wrong :) and good that the gp was supportive.

8. Fuchsia1412

Fuchsia1412 Due in Nov 2021 with No.5

Grrr doctor's receptionists.....v.irritating, I think it's a purposeful mentality sometimes. Glad it went well. x

9. ao30

ao30 Well-Known Member

Wow, I can't believe the receptionist took that upon herself! Thats horrible!

Glad to hear it was all a mistake! :flower:

10. keepsmiling

keepsmiling Guest

Glad all went well hun

wot was ur results x

11. Red sox gal

Red sox gal Well-Known Member

So sorry this happened to you Hun, office staff at drs offices are so insensitive. Good luck and baby dust

12. Sophe

Sophe Well-Known Member

Wow, thats awful!

what wre you reults, do you know what they mean? I don't really know what mine mean!

13. Rivetkitten

Rivetkitten Well-Known Member

Is everything fine with the results? Why on earth would the receptionist say pre-menopausal?... Talk about scaring the cr*p outta someone for no good reason!!!

14. torilou

Thanks for all your replies guys, I was so scared, my whole mouth was yuddering while I was trying to talk to the GP lol, like I said to her this isnt the first time the receptionist has scared me like this, it was about this time last year that it happened and now again!! Like I said to her would she really tell someone they had something awful over the phone by their results! NO! So why should something like this be any different!!

My results were good fsh was 6.5 and LH 6.8, I got a print out this time so I could keep a copy of the actual labs criteria so going by them they are absolutly fine for the follicular phase xxx

15. torilou

Sophe

What tests did you have done hun? If you put your results on here Im sure there will be loads of us that can help you with them xxx

16. betty14

betty14 Well-Known Member

Wow those levels are great Hun, so glad all was on and so awful that you had to go through all that first!!

X x x

17. keepsmiling

keepsmiling Guest

They seem fab huni xx

18. MariaF

MariaF A new Mummy!

Tori - I can't believe the receptionist :wacko:

Guess what - I had my blood done too and my FSH is 6.9 - we could be twins :happydance: The ranges for FSH on my sheet were 2.5 - 13 so our result is perfect :happydance: Pre-menopausal is when FSH is through the roof - stupid receptionist :growlmad:

My LH was 10 though....it has come down from 16 last year and now the FSH to LH ratio is less than 2 which is borderline PCOS. Last year the ratio was 4, so I guess this is a huge improvement :thumbup:

What worried me was the SHBG results - they doubled since last year and now exceed the top range :nope:

19. torilou

Thanks guys

Maria your results look really good!! What is SHBG? Not familiar with that unless im being really thick! lol

I did ask about this bulky ovary thing and it sounds like it maybe was the clomid that just gave me so many small follicles my ovarys were basically just full of old/cysty ones....

Going back to see the FS as they dont do unmedicated iui but im a little wary of having the injections if even the lowest dose of clomid was just too much for my body, arrghh decisons decisons!! xx

20. MariaF

MariaF A new Mummy!

Tori, the beauty of injectibles is that they can adjust your dose at any time. Whereas with Clomid once you've taken the 5 tablets - that's it! I responded really well to the lowest dose of injectables and only needed 6 injections. The only tiring thing is that I had to go for scand every 2 days and as we live 1 hour's drive away it was a bit tiring