omg out of my depth amanda holden!!!

Just watched on iplayer. I didn't think it was that bad! I think I'm imagining all kinds of horrors. Never really thought much of Ms Holden but she came across well on the programme and it's just made me feel really excited about having my baby. I want a natural birth but after seeing that it makes you realise that you just have to go with the flow and be flexible on the day.

omg, i was sittin bubblin away in tears within the first 10mins of the program when the first baby was delivered, im soo emotional lol omg now im sittin here watchin this lady in labour, the one that amanda is delieveren and ive only just seen 5 secs of her and shes screamin like a bannshee.......wow that was very overwelming again crying like a baby. well i have no choice in my say for labour. i will be getting induced sometime inbetween next week and the week atfer, so before 39weeks, i am also not allowed epi and im not allowed assisted help like that vacum thing as i have thromboyctopenia. and i dont do well with pain. its not hit me yet i dont think. but what i am scared of mostly is my baby crying when she comes out. that was a scary moment!

OH made me turn it off , apparently I looked a bit pale ...eeeeek

oh im watching it now =( the stuff about stillborns really upset me...

I thought it was BRILLIANT. I love watching programs like that, showing all sorts of experiences, from the worst to the best. Showing the MW side of things etc. I find it helps me prepare, and watching that programe has made me look forward to going into labour!

We had recorded this so Im not sure if we missed a warning at the beginning, either way to my surprise both hubby and our eldest ( 12 1/2) wanted to watch it. We have only ever watched the sky birth stuff, all of the gritty bits are usually misted out so I wasnt expecting anything like the graphic shots from last night! This is my hubbys first ( and probably last!) birth and Ive been trying to make him aware that I tend to bellow and declare im dying at regular intervals but will manage it in the end... i think he thought it would all be a matter of a few pants and puffs and bingo here it is but that show last night certainly put paid to that and the looks on hubby and daughters faces was absolutely priceless, suffice to say its put my daughter off for at least a decade ( good!) and my hubby is still rather green....!!!:haha:

I found it very intresting although almost sat in floods of tears at the end, only just managed to hold it together. I think we should see more programmes like that.

I thought AH came across very well after she realised that she needed to stop being a tit and stop joking around so much. The ventouse scared the hell out of me but I think that I'd rather know what it's like than not know what's actually happening to you.

We've got to face facts - having these babies isn't going to be an easy ride, if anything this is the easy part! Even though I have complained all the way through! The fear of the unknown if it's your first I think is the worst part of imagining what labour is going to be like. I am a complete control freak and can't stand not knowing and i worry about the smallest little thing.

I know it's cliched but every woman I have talked to who has had children has said the pain instantly goes when bubs is in your arms and from a psychological and evolutionary pov it has to be like that or we'd never ever procreate!

Ladies we are going to have excellent labours! PMA!

When my sister in law went into labour last year she was 19 and the nurses called her braveheart because she had no pain relief at all and didnt make a sound apart from saying thank you to the MW that took the dirty sheet away from under during delivery , so i guess depending on the person and situation its bearable.

I just watched this and, actually, it made me feel a bit better about the whole thing. I know it's edited for tv but none of them seemed to scream for THAT long, let's face it, we all knew it was gonna hurt a bit, just think of the size of a baby compared to where we try and push it out of! In a way, it was also nice to see the happy ending to the story at the end as she had complications but everything was alright in the end.

I just sobbed my heart out watching it! What a beautiful baby boy, it broke my heart when he came out and wasnt breathing. I'm actually now REALLY looking forward to labour!

Oh i just watched it, im starting to get a tad bit scared now, my labour first time round was 8 hours start to finish, so pretty good, my daughter was born with the cord around her neck so came out bluey/purple i swear i have never been so scared in my life

First time round i had no idea what the pain was going to be like, but this time i do, so hopefully can prepare myself a lil more

Amanda did great tho, especially with only a months training x

I just sobbed my heart out watching it! What a beautiful baby boy, it broke my heart when he came out and wasnt breathing. I'm actually now REALLY looking forward to labour!

I couldn't see the tv for crying and held my breath ..but couldn't take my eyes off it either!:cry:
Just realised what a huge and incredible undertaking it is to 'give birth'. I'm in awe of anyone who has done it and have so much respect...un til wait i'm going to have to do it...ahhhhh lol.
Wouldn't say i'm looking forward to it!!!!! But i know what you mean xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->