OMG, so stressed already :(

Abz1982

Mum to 2 nutters!
Reaction score
Not really having any chance to be happy about being pregnant :(. Oh and I have had to apply for a council house as when I go on Matty leave we will not be able to afford a private rental property. As we will have a baby we need a 2 bed - they allocate 1 rm per child - we are also currently livign at his mates but cant stay there forever, they kinda wanted us out by xmas! But we have been told we onyl have 25 points, and the average of the top 5 apps on the waiting list for 2 beds is 46!

So I am so stressed as I also realyl want to leave where we are as its sharing with 2 guys - who smoke and well, do other things! So I am stuck in our room all the time :(. I have been trying to get info about the local housing allowance from our council but they are useless!!!!! You have to rent somewhere THEN see if you can get help - but we cant risk signing a lease then NOT being able to afford it :(. Looks like we might have to tho and give up on trying to save anything for when baby comes.

OH even said last night that I should just get somewhere without him, and say he has left me - but I cant do that :(

Its always a pain no matter where you are to get a council house, ud be in with a better chance of getting a house if you were to say your going to be a single mother with no where to live but then again thats no the best situation to put yourself in.

Dont worry yourself about it, things always turn out for the best and im sure something good will happen for you, just hold out for it and keep chasing the council, if you dont chase them they rarely contact you!!

x

hi, they wont give u a two bed place until baby is born and sometimes until baby is 1 years old, they will prob give u a one bed flat and then u will have to move again in over a years time, this is what they do, get the people u live with to write u a letter of notice to say u have to move out and then take it to the council

This is what I did. When I was pg with my first child me and my oh at the time were living with my dad in his 2 bed flat. We didnt get allocated many points either so I got my dad to write me a letter stating that he was moving into his sisters house and I would be homeless by xmas.

I got a house within 3 weeks!:happydance:

Im not there anymore, but if you want something in this world, you have to get off your butt and fight for it! Do what you see fit to get a house for you and LO hun.:muaha:

I agree, say that u are homeless try and get a letter of proof. is there any way u can get medical point? I would also suggest put any area on your applicaion as sometimes its easier to get a transfer.

is there anywhere like housing opition in scotland?

a council house is a house that our council (the ppl who run our section of the country we live in - county where as u its a state) provide us a house at little or no rent depending on your circumstances. xx

I hope u sort it hun - I agree with the other get the guys to write a letter it almost always works and you should be out by xmas :D

Are you on any benefits? That should entitle you to housing benefit, but it is risky to get prviate rented without being sure.

Have you been to citizens advice? They might be able to help.

It's also risky saying your partner has left you because they may offer you a place in a hostel for a while, and if you say no they'll wonder why...

Try citizens advice though :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"