Omg sure start i can apply twice

i thought i was gonna really stuggle with my fella not workng and me only being on smp but apparently i will get the higher rate of wtc and ctc, possibly help with rent and things too, and once the baby is born i will get the sure start grant, its definately taken a weight off my shoulders, i was really worried, my sis just had twins and got 500 for each so thats a definate

Does everyone get to apply for these ctc and sure start things?

CTC - yes apply I think the cut off is £50k joint income and you get something - the surestart only applies if you are on benefits of some kind or gett passed the basic rate of CTC. Its all sooo confusing and based on your personal circumstances so I did all the calculators and also called them, they ask you all the questions and tell you over the phone what you would get. Also ask them if this takes you over the basic rate for sure start purposes (basic rate is about £545 a year so if you are allocated more than £10 a week then you are)

With us as I am now working we dont qaulify for sure start but once bubbas are here then as I am on MA only (smp equlivalent) then we will and you get three months to apply for sure start.

ps number for anyone who might need it is 0845 300 900 (they will send you an application) and the application for sure start is here https://www.dwp.gov.uk/advisers/claimforms/sf100_print.pdf

pps - the ctc people also sent me a child benefit application - so worth asking

ppps - NOW I HAVE HALF A TREE TO COMPLETE WITH BABY BRAIN LOL

Vicky you can actually apply for the SSG now! You can apply from 11 weeks before the babies are due!

Vicky you can actually apply for the SSG now! You can apply from 11 weeks before the babies are due!

yes but I will get refused atm as I am working so dont done get any benefits and only get ctc once babies arrive xxx

hoorah hoorah hoorah! I've just phoned Dh and he couldn't understand me I was so excited lolol! I didn't even think about applying for this before you suggested it Vicky so thank you very much! :happydance: Its great that its paid per baby and not per pregnancy, two babies need more things!

hoorah! xxxx

heheh kitty23 I have just posted the number on the multiple section - best to call them and go through your individual income and they will tell you - I cant see how you wont qualify though having two under a year old if you are on smp (assuming your oh doesnt earn megga bucks that is) - certainly will make a difference as it is the only thing we get more of being a multiple isnt it. xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->