OMG the headaches!

Myshelsong

LTTTC Success Story
Reaction score
14w5d and these headaches keep coming. Trying not too take Tylenol but it is a losing battle. Anyone have any suggestions to tone these down ?

My doctor told me to try magnesium. I got some bottles of it at the grocery store. She said to take one a day with my prenatal. I havent done it because my headaches stopped but it might be worth a try.

i just wanted to say i totally sympathize! i have had migraines and headaches like crazy i ended up in hospital twice now with them, last time they loaded me with fluids and other medication to help ease nausea and migraines which was safe to take while pregnant in the end when all didnt work they gave me 3 pills of Tylenol and 2 of Advil and said take them all that was the only thing that helped me at least walk out of there in somewhat better state. I felt so bad but i was in so much pain. I worry about how much tylenol i'm taking but i don't know what else to do :(

oh my heaveaneats! That sounds absolutely horrible!

I get pregnancy migraines throughout the second trimester with both my pregnancies. I would try tylenol, drinking tons of water, literally everything short of going to the hospital. The only thing that gave me relief was a cold glass of coke, strange I know, but I was desperate and a friend had mentioned it. My migraines tend to last 3 days and after 2 days the coke was the only thing that helped.

Thanks for the suggestions ladies.
I was all out of coke, but I did have half a cup a coffee this morning, a banana and tons of water and it slowly left me by the afternoon. However it is creeping back already which is not fun. Wondering if it is salt related right now I had sushi yesterday with lots of soy (because I am craving that flavourfor sure) and my headache started roaring soon after.... will have to monitor my salt and see what's up.
Have done the coke before and had that work on a lesser headache so will have to go grab some as a backup!

i just wanted to say i totally sympathize! i have had migraines and headaches like crazy i ended up in hospital twice now with them, last time they loaded me with fluids and other medication to help ease nausea and migraines which was safe to take while pregnant in the end when all didnt work they gave me 3 pills of Tylenol and 2 of Advil and said take them all that was the only thing that helped me at least walk out of there in somewhat better state. I felt so bad but i was in so much pain. I worry about how much tylenol i'm taking but i don't know what else to do :(

Thankfully I haven't wound up in the hospital. Sounds like you had it really rough, hope they are getting better for you!

I had this in this pregnancy and thankfully it's passed now, one thing you can try that might help is sitting on the edge of the bath with some very hot water (obviously not scalding!) in the bath up to your ankles and something cold on the back of your neck. It's supposed to help open and close your blood vessels in the right places to help ease the pressure in your head.

I didn't mean open and close, I meant dilate and constrict haha but you got what I meant! :haha:

I would up your water intake. Dehydration can give you headaches and you won't even realise you're dehydrated since in pregnancy you really do have to drink more than you usually would. I'd probably add a couple of glasses of water a day to what you usually have and see if it makes a difference.

Definitely try and see if dehydration is the cause. Blood pressure is another possible cause - I get an instant headache the moment I enter the sauna so pretty sure its due to blood pressure for me and putting something cold on my forehead eases it.

i had them with my daughter they where horrid only eating ice helped

I sympathise! I have a nerve condition which causes migraines and pain in my face. I only take paracetamol though have been told can take co codamol. Before I was pregnant I used melatonin which worked better than any other anti seizure mess.

Anyway. Headaches at end of first try start of second got so bad with me. I was offered an Indian head massage from someone I knew practising and I kid you not in 4 weeks since I had it I've had 2 bad migraines. I used to get them every other day. So maybe try an Indian head massage if you can?

Loving the idea of the massage!
Thankfully they aren't as bad as some of you ladies.

I did try the ice pack and am drinking lots of water already, but will amp that up.
Sounds like I am not alone with the headaches though which in a weird way makes me feel better. Thanks for all the suggestions.

I have those on and off since I've entered second trimester. I find that the headache is really bad when my blood pressure is low. I then drink some coffee (not strong, with milk) and it usually helps as it raises my BP. Also, if I drink less water in the day my head is killing me in the evening. Hope you find something that helps x

Hey, so I suffer from hemiplegic migraines and lupus/fibromyalgia headaches so I feel your pain. I've just been In hospital for 48hrs last week due to issues and a nasty migraine. The Dr's (HIGH RISK OBSTETRICIAN) was satisfied prescribing me 30/500 co-codamol whilst my migraine peaked . I stopped taking It after six doses, as I was feeling icky and migraine was slightly relieved. So rather than drugs of that strength I have a coffee and one pint of water every morning as soon as i get up. If needed I'll take paracetamol too. Then I'm conscious to drink at least another four (at least) pints of water through the day. Certain foods can trigger it but not always . I'll be glad when I can take my regular medication again. :haha:

I had those around the same stage of pregnancy, there are awful! I found it really helped to make sure I was drinking plenty to avoid getting dehydrated and taking paracetamol (tyconel in the us I think?) The painkillers didn't totally the pain away but it helped a bit, my head aches went away luckily, hope yours does the same:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->