OMG Tizzie Hall was just on Irish TV...

I

iceylou

well well im shocked at what her "advice" was.

all babies SHOULD be weaned at 4mths, any older will cause fussy eaters. babies and toddlers throwing tantrums is down to hunger.

i could go on and on but i would only end up throwing the tv an laptop at the wall.

I don't know who she is but she sounds like a right tit.

Is she the 'baby whisperer'? If so, she's a nut job :wacko: AFAIK she doesn't have kids either so her advice is redundant!

What a silly woman.

We decided to start weaning Fran at 4 months after careful consideration and with advice from our hv, but to say that all babies should be weaned at 4 months is idiotic. Not all babies are ready to start weaning at 4 months the same as not all babies will last until 6 months.

It's people like that who confuse parents at a time that can already be full of worry and doubt.

We have her book 'Save our Sleep'. We bought it on a recommendation from a friend without knowing what it was about. I flicked through it and couldn't believe it! Sleep training from birth! She thinks it's ok to leave a newborn crying in their bed for up to 2 minutes! (and this time gets longer as the baby gets older) this among many other things absolutely floored me!

I know each of us have our own parenting styles and I don't like to judge but I am very passionate about how bad her advise is! I know some parents resort to sleep training at their wits end with older babies who won't sleep, but to expect newborns to self sooth and sleep for four hours during the night is ludicrous!!!!! Rant over

haha weaning later than 4 months will lead to fussy eaters?! well chloe eats more variety of food than alot of toddlers i know, what a prat:dohh:

What show was she on? I'd like to take a look if I can catch it online! I read some of her website about swaddling and bedding, and she seems to think that babies need about 10 layers in a 22 degree room to keep warm. Sounded just insane, I'd be interested in seeing what else she says.

Tizzie is a man whore. Her advice is to wrap baby in 10 layers in a room of 22c, completely goes against SIDS guidelines.

What show was she on? I'd like to take a look if I can catch it online! I read some of her website about swaddling and bedding, and she seems to think that babies need about 10 layers in a 22 degree room to keep warm. Sounded just insane, I'd be interested in seeing what else she says.

TV3. ireland AM this morning.

my baby was no where near ready to wean at 4 months. I waited til 6 months but he only really took to solids at about 7 months!!
And for such a late weaner - he certainly isn't that fussy!!

And as for tantrums - most of his tantrums involve the TV remote control or my mobile phone being removed from his reach. I doubt that it has ANYTHING to do with hunger!!

my baby was no where near ready to wean at 4 months. I waited til 6 months but he only really took to solids at about 7 months!!

And as for tantrums - most of his tantrums involve the TV remote control or my mobile phone being removed from his reach. I doubt that it has ANYTHING to do with hunger!!

Unless he prefers silicone chips to potato ones :haha:

well - with an electronics engineer for a father, I think that is sadly inevitable!!

Tizzie hall is a massive tit. A self proclaimed baby sleep expert with NO qualifications, she does have a child but doesn't practice her own methods with him. Says it all really doesn't it. Everything she does is about money

well - with an electronics engineer for a father, I think that is sadly inevitable!!

DH is an electrical engineer and when we go out for walks he likes to quiz me on how much power goes through a pylon and stupid things like that. I dread to think what he will get Fran learning lol. Mind you there are worse things she could learn I suppose...

She's a money grabbing so n so, she thinks babies vomit and poo in the night to manipulate you, she shows you how to vomit proof your cot, if s baby poos while crying you wait till the baby is s sleep and u quickly change them giving 'no' eye contact while doing, she shows you on you tube how to use her special over priced blankets to swaddle a 15 week baby a babygrow, sleeping bag, double wrap swaddle, 4 blankets she suggests if a baby is rolling or trying to roll baby is getting cold and you should add a blanket, you can add upto 16 blankets
It'd be laughable it wasn't so seriously dangerous :( :nope:

note she doesnt say what the temp of the room is but fsids guidlines say no more than 4 blankets even at 10c, and the fact she has shorts and t shirt on suggests to me its warmer than 10c, and even if it was she has on this video, babygrow, sleeping bag, a double wrapped swaddle, and 4 blankets :wacko:
she also has one of her toys that she sells right next to baby's head which against fsid aswell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWfl5sFam90&feature=player_embedded

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->