OMG - TWINS?! Can you help?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by tootsweets, Jan 28, 2011.

1. tootsweets

tootsweets Well-Known Member

Help!

I just went for an early scan due to spotting on Monday. I should be 5+6 by LMP, but feel I prob ovd later.

They said there are two gestational sacs!

One is 17mm x 6 mm x 4mm and there is a yolk sac present which is 2mm x 2mm x 2mm

The other is 13mm x 11mm x 6mm with no yolk sac

And no heartbeat...

Does anyone know what this means?

Will I have twins? Is one going to die?

Sorry - panicking...

Has anyone had this before or know what the sizes mean?

Thank you xxx

2. pickle85

pickle85 Guest

Im no expert by any means but I think I've read on here before that they can grow at different rates so it sounds ok I would think, it'd be quite unlikely to see a HB at 5+6 anyway. Wow twins.. congrats Hun!

3. TexasUni

TexasUni Well-Known Member

They didn't tell you anything?

4. bobekah

bobekah Well-Known Member

You are still really early to have a heart beat there! I found out at 5 weeks that I was having fraternal twins too! I was spotting and had cramping...so they did the ultra sound just to be safe. They made me come back at 7 1/2 weeks, just because thats when you can really hear the two different heart beats well. Before that they are still forming and theres not a way they can hear them. Your babies will be fine...Good luck and congrats!

5. Toes_crossed

Toes_crossed Well-Known Member

If you feel you need more information ring your MW :flower:

Congrats and GL xx

6. tootsweets

They said they can't tell if this pregnancy is viable, if there will end up being a twin pregnancy, a single pregnancy or nothing. I must wait two weeks to go back again!

I don't know what to do with myself!!!!

7. tootsweets

Hey Bobekah

Were yours two different sizes too?

:flower:

8. kaths101

kaths101 Well-Known Member

Congratulations... they might be a week apart which is why one is slightly behind, this happened to a friend of mine and hers are fine.

You wouldnt get a heartbeat that early anyway, how exciting but also worrying.. There is something called vanishing twin syndrome too where you originally had 2 but lose one..

2 weeks of waiting is going to be agony for you, I hope everything is ok - twins!! how exciting :hugs:

9. tootsweets

Thank you so much for your lovely responses, I am so extremely happy!

Happy there was anything there, and even happier there are two!

Thank you!:flower::flower:

10. bobekah

bobekah Well-Known Member

Yes mine are almost a week apart! When I first was spotting and all of that...My doctor made me think that I was having a misscarrage! When they did the scan they said that they could see that one was fine but didnt know about the other...so they did a vag check...and I was diolated about 1 cen. They sent me to the ER and did about 10 tubes of blood work...and sent me home! I really thought I was loosing one...or maybe two! I was so scared. Every time I would see my doctor she would scare me by saying that we could abort the one that looks like its not going to make it...that could be easier for me...I now hate my doctor and Im currently looking for a perinatologist...they specialize in twins...My babies are just fine...And yours will be too! It is totally normal to be a few days to a week different...just because they are 2 completley seperate eggs...that were fertalized at two completely different times! I hope this helps a bit!

11. tootsweets

Thank you so much - i am so pleased you have said that, so reassuring. What a horrible doctor. I'd be pretty annoyed too. Good luck with finding a pazentologist (the twin doctor! Crap spelling!)

Thank you!

xxx

12. sassy86

sassy86 Well-Known Member

Wow congratulations . How exciting to have twins.

13. Fallen Angel

Fallen Angel Well-Known Member

Excellent news hon :)

Easier said than done, I know, but try and not worry.

It really pisses me off how doctors can be do brutal and almost remove any hope a mother has with their insensitive opinions. I totally understand wanting to be matter of fact and raise false hopes etc, but FFS, what happened to compassion?? Grrrrr

I'm hoping your twins will be just fine hunny. All the best xx

14. Lawhra

Lawhra NowProudMumOfTwo!!

I read this earlier but did not know what to say as I have no experience or knowledge of the situation, I'm so glad to see there are ladies who have experienced the same and have healthy babies. Good luck to you and congratulations :)

15. oh wow! congrats!!! that is awesome :)

16. tootsweets

Ashley!! I can't believe it. I am soooooo happy, but don't wanna get too ahead of myself!

Your scan soon too on tuesday, so exciting! I have to admit though - I really couldn't see much except 2 (!) little dark blobs on the screen. They wern't waving or saying "hey mum" like I'd stupidly imagined!

Ha ha, just got your fb msg through as I was writing this - you are such a sweetie!

xxx

17. wow i can't believe it still, that is sooo awesome! when did they tell you to come back for another scan? 5w6d im sure is way too early to see a heartbeat! but wowww coool my bumb buddy is having TWINS! :)

im so scared for my scan on tuesday (i should be either 6w4d or 6w3d)! i just keep thinking that theyre gonna say "uhh.. theres nothing there? are ya sure you arent making this whole thing up?!"

18. tootsweets

I know - I was getting worried when the doctors were so quiet - they kept saying to each other - "no look over on the other side, up there, try there", and I thought there was nothing there! There will be a little bean, and you might even get a hb at 6+4?

I have been told to go back in 2 weeks, so 11 Feb, but I might be sneaky and try and get an appointment a few days earlier, would be about 7+6 on 11th, so should be alright if it was a few days before. Besides I can't wait to know.

I'm adding you bump buddy on my signature!

19. newmama

newmama Well-Known Member

congrats to you!! and fx that all is well with both the babies. it's so hard when dr's cant be more reassuring! i hope that everything is just fine for you.