Omg we won't be able to get to the hospital!

MummyJen

Mummy to a little boy!
Reaction score
So as part of my prep to leave I have to take my replacement to the store I help to manage creative wise which also happens to be about 2 mins from our choosen hospital. I don't mind going here normally as I can drive and Mamas and Papas is next door :thumbup: However today the traffic was a NIGHTMARE! It normally takes me 20mins but today took me 2 and a half hours!!! They have decided to dig up the road for some unknown reason :growlmad: What I am now really worried about is being stuck in the traffic while in labour. I actually fear I will give birth in the car!!! Hubby keeps saying we can go on his motorbike :dohh: Not happening obvs! I just dunno what to do though. This is such a stress!

Oh no!!! Good luck getting to the hospital!! (I'm a fan of the motorbike idea though. Can you imagine telling your LO the story of his/her birth?????)

You sound like Hubby! He thinks it is a great idea. He also said that then we could call the baby Honda *shakes head!* I just keep imagining having a contraction and falling off!

Being practical though, surely there must be another way there. OK, it may not take 20 mins but be better than 2 hours - see which way the ambo's go in...!

Likely baby will decide to arrive in the middle of the night when there is way less traffic. Is there no other way to get there?

I am on walking duties last week and hate it i cannot drive too close now, Sorry no suggestions hun good luck xx

The only other way is by tube! I am thinking big no no to that! The ambo's all go the same way as us too. Only difference is they have blue lights :S Totally panicing now. Baby better not come during rush hour!!

If you attempt it and it's too busy I would call an ambulance!

You will have to set off hun and if you find you are stuck in traffic, ring an ambulance to come get you. I can't remember where i heard this but that is what they advise as well. Good luck and I hope it is the middle of the night so it is a bit quieter for you xxx

at night time the road works ie self manned during the day ie stopping traffic manuelly and temporary lights wont be working so it should be ok, if bubs arrives during the day I would call am ambulance xx

Won't the roadworks be finished by the time you're due? It's about 25 days away so hopefully!

Otherwise I'd call the ambulance service and explain the problem!

Yeah... Sounds cool, but also sounds like a huge potential problem. I probably would've given the same 'glare response' to the suggestion if I was you.

As for naming the baby Honda...did you smack him upside the head? lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->