• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Omg what a stressful evening!! 4.5 month old inconsolable

dinosaur2010

Reaction score
Our dd2 is usually the most contented, relaxed baby.
She usually has no problem going to sleep in the evening.
Last night we were staying at my mums- she's never stayed there before.
All was fine until around 8pm when she started getting upset and crying and screaming. I tried breastfeeding her several times- this usually soothes her. I had to call DH to come round- we tried taking her out in the pram, taking her out in the car, warm bath- nothing worked.
Eventually my DH got her to sleep by swinging her car seat outside!
Then we transferred her to bed bed beside me and she breastfed then went to sleep for the night.
I'm totally shaken by this it's so unlike her!! Could it have been the different environment? I'm terrified she does this again when I'm on my own!!

What time does she normally go to bed? We had 'colic' symptoms around 10 weeks (my LO did not have colic but he'd scream for around two hours) and we eventually worked out he was overtired. We began putting him to bed at 6:30pm and the screaming stopped!

Could be the 4 month sleep regression hitting a bit late....and i agree also with pp it could be suddenly getting overtired - was your LO yawning a long time prior to putting to bed? I have to get LO to bed when the first yawn hits or it's an overtired mess by the 3rd :)

I would say it's probably the different environment personally. It's a change from the norm so she is probably unsure of the environment

She missed out on a big 2 hour sleep that she usually has yesterday so could have been over tired now that I think of it!
I thought it may have been the new surroundings but last weekend we were at a friends BBQ and left around 10 and she was fine! She snoozes and snuggled all evening! I'm so scared of this happening again it was awful!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"