OMG What the hell??? Lol

MilitaryMummy

Mum to Macie Brooke xxx
Reaction score
Ok so i was just sat here thinking that compared to others i don't seem to be having LOADS of symptoms.
I've had nausea since like week 5 and only been sick a couple of times. I am suffering from severe fatigue and MAJOR bloating but not much else.
Then all of sudden i got the strongest, most horrible matalic taste in my mouth????
Is anyone else getting this??? lol. xxx

i only really get the horrid taste in my mouth if i have a hot drink. Have had the nausea, bloating, fatigue and sore boobs for the last 3 weeks it's not nice but it'll be worth it :)

I read in "what to expect when you're expecting" that often we get a penny like taste in our mouths.. It's completely normal and yucky! I had it once right after I conceived :)

OMG! I totally did not see this, I just made a post about the same thing! It just hit me today and it is DISGUSTING! lol

Yeah noticed this too. Not all the time. Girls take good care of your dental hygiene.

:winkwink:

Pregnancy can be a wonderful time, filled with joy and excitement. Unfortunately, it can also be quite a frustrating time, especially if you are experiencing dental problems throughout your pregnancy. Pregnant women are actually more prone to dental complications and it is important to get these complications treated effectively. If left untreated, some of them can actually put you at an increased risk for pregnancy complications.

There are a variety of dental problems that women are more prone to experience during pregnancy. These issues include periodontal disease, pregnancy tumors, and pregnancy gingivitis.

Pregnancy Gingivitis
Pregnancy gingivitis is the most common dental concern during pregnancy, affecting almost 50% of all pregnant women. Pregnancy gingivitis causes your gums to become red, puffy, and inflamed. It can also trigger bleeding gums when you are brushing and flossing.

Pregnancy gingivitis is caused by bacteria that form between your teeth and gums. When you eat, tiny particles of food get stuck between your gums and teeth. These particles soon attract bacteria, resulting in inflamed gums. Anyone can be affected by gingivitis but pregnant women are at greater risk. This is because amplified levels of progesterone and estrogen lead to increased blood flow throughout the body, especially to the gums.

Periodontal Disease
If left untreated, gingivitis can progress into periodontal disease. Also known as gum disease, this is a severe gum infection, which destroys the bones and fibers that help to keep your teeth in place.

Periodontal gum disease can cause some very unpleasant side effects, including bleeding from the gums, tooth loss, and infection. Periodontal disease is of particular concern during pregnancy. An increased risk for both preterm labor and having a low birthweight baby is associated with periodontal disease.

Pregnancy Tumors
Pregnancy tumors can form if you are suffering from pregnancy gingivitis or periodontal disease. Also known as pyogenic granulomas, these tumors are growths that form on your gums. They can sometimes make it hard to speak, eat, and swallow, and may cause pain or discomfort. These tumors can be removed by your dentist if necessary.

Dental Treatments
It is important to get proper dental care during pregnancy. Regular dental checkups and good hygiene practices at home can keep your teeth and gums free of tartar and plaque, and help to prevent or reduce the effects of pregnancy gingivitis and periodontal disease. However, there are some things to keep in mind when you visit your dentist in order to ensure that you and your baby stay healthy throughout your pregnancy.

Regular Cleanings
You should visit your dentist at least once during your pregnancy, to have a regular cleaning and routine dental checkup. Dental appointments are typically made during the second trimester, after your baby has formed his vital organs. Though regular cleanings aren’t harmful during the first or third trimesters, having your cleanings during the second trimester can reduce any possible risks to your baby. If you are suffering from gingivitis or gum disease, your dentist can provide you with gum disease treatment during your regular checkups.

Infections
If you are experiencing any toothaches, or if you are noticing blood or pus around your gum line, you should also visit with your dentist. These are signs of infection, which can be quite dangerous during pregnancy. Gum or other mouth infections can spread throughout your body, increasing the risks of pregnancy complications, like miscarriage.

Dental Emergencies
Other dental emergencies, like a broken tooth or cavity, should also be seen by your dentist. However, treatment will usually be put off until after you have given birth, in order to avoid any possible complications. If you are in a lot of pain, or if the problem can be solved quickly and easily, your dentist may choose to give you treatment during your pregnancy. Be sure to speak with your prenatal health care provider before you undergo any treatments though.

Treatments to Avoid at the Dentist
Certain treatments should be left until after you have given birth to your baby. Teeth whitening and other cosmetic procedures should be held off until after your baby is born. If you require a root canal or other extensive dental procedure this can also wait until after your baby is born, unless you are in severe pain.

Exposure to x-rays should also be avoided during your pregnancy, unless absolutely necessary. Though dental x-rays give off minimal radiation, it is safer to avoid unnecessary dental x-rays until the postpartum period. Any procedure that requires you to sit for long periods of time should also be avoided. Sitting in the dentist’s chair can put pressure on the inferior vena cava, a major blood vessel in your body that supplies your lower extremities. This can cause fainting and loss of consciousness.

Dental Care At Home
The best way to ensure healthy teeth and gums is to follow a daily dental regimen at home. Here are some tips on how to keep those pearly whites healthy and happy!

Brush at least twice daily with a fluoride toothpaste, and floss once a day.
Switch toothpastes if you find that yours triggers nausea.
Rinse your mouth out with warm water or an antibacterial mouthwash if you are suffering from vomiting and morning sickness.
Avoid eating too many sugary foods, as these can cause plaque and tartar buildup.
Eat a healthy pregnancy diet, with lots of calcium, vitamin B12 and vitamin C. These vitamins help to build healthy gums and teeth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->