omg

Your scans will be accurate - if theres an error on any notes talk to your GP or/and midwife.

I see from your facebook you think your GP says your 20 weeks and you have a very detailed scan picture ...that scan would have been accurate.

How much movement? 16-22 weeks is a big change in baby movement!

FYI I'm 17 weeks and my conception date was Aug 30 (confirmed through 6+5 emerg ultrasound that was accurate to the day b/c of the fetal pole length), how does that compare to yours???

Sounds like a paperwork error for sure! That's a huge jump!

*Not everyone is well read into all things about ultrasounds and pregnancy - hey, in some places (like in my country) you don't get your FIRST one until *20 weeks*. A lot of girls haven't kept track of last periods, ovulations, etc. I don't think it is fair to pick on this girl. Also, some girls (like me) had a threatened miscarriage and had a "period" at 6-7 weeks - that can cause confusion for some girls.

My lmp was 7th of August and I'm only 20 weeks gone.. I think you're MW friend has something mixed up otherwise you're lmp was AFTER me and you'd be 2 weeks AHEAD of me.. I'd go by what your GP says

I think your friend has given you misleading information...if your LMP was 1st September then you are 16 weeks..my LMP was 29th July and Im 22 weeks on Tuesday..the only way this could be wrong is if you actually conceived earlier and it was not a "true" period you had on 1st September..this does happen but this is why you are offered an early dating scan at 12 weeks.
If you had in fact been 18 weeks at your 12 week scan there is absoloutely no way this would have been missed. sonographers measure unborn babies in order to work out how many weeks pregnant you are..so there is no way your 12 week scan would have been wrong

my last period was 7th aug wich makes me 20+ weeks if ur last period was 1st sep that makes u 16 weeks i wouldnt worry just query it with ur midwife next time u see her

Actually, the sonographer can be quite wrong. I had a scan at my "12 weeks" (I was actually 11+1 since I charted and KNEW when I ovulated) and they measured the baby and then just told me to keep going by LMP since they really didn't know. So they think I'm a week ahead than what I really am.
Not a huge difference, but if you're really that confused, I'd suggest getting a different doctor? xx

Actually, the sonographer can be quite wrong. I had a scan at my "12 weeks" (I was actually 11+1 since I charted and KNEW when I ovulated) and they measured the baby and then just told me to keep going by LMP since they really didn't know. So they think I'm a week ahead than what I really am.
Not a huge difference, but if you're really that confused, I'd suggest getting a different doctor? xx

its not unusual for babies to measure a week ahead on scan..but there is a big discrepency between 12 weeks and 18 weeks...there is no way an experienced sonographer would get those measurements wrong.
my baby has measured differently everytime Ive been scanned..usually just under a week ahead or behind or bang on

My first (early) scan matched with my dates (my last LMP was 26 July) but my following scans (12 and 20 weeks) have put me 5 days ahead and therefore I have a EDD of 27 April now (ie my LMP was after I conceived but then again I did mc at the end of June so could well have been messed up!). However, 6 weeks sounds way off and if you have had scans I would just go by that date as that is what your midwife will go by. No idea how your friend has dated you 6 weeks different though?

its not unusual for babies to measure a week ahead on scan..but there is a big discrepency between 12 weeks and 18 weeks...there is no way an experienced sonographer would get those measurements wrong.
my baby has measured differently everytime Ive been scanned..usually just under a week ahead or behind or bang on

Well, I didn't mean it only being off by a week. I didn't word mine right, but they just checked for a heartbeat and they TRIED to date the baby, but couldn't. They were just learning how to scan. So they just told me to go by LMP (which I'm not).
Maybe if the doctors did tell her that she's that far along and actually meant it, she might need to try a new doctor, that's all.

Basically my comment was for when someone said that the scan has the last word. But sometimes they don't know what they're doing. :flower:

Is the 'midwife' friend qualified ???????

I think your referring to what I said hun, your right a scan is not the be all and end all. However, I still stand by the fact that a sonagrapher should be able to look at the fetus on the screen and judge how far along you are, as they have to be trained for 3 years doing a radiography degree. I know mistakes can easily happen, and I can see the possibility of being a week out, but not 6 weeks, the picture in my signature is of my 16 week scan, and my 20 week scan looks very different, surely any sonagrapher could see the difference between a 16 week fetus and a 22 week fetus and also the system sonagraphers use work out the gestational age for you anyway which is why I got a bit confused ...xx

I think your referring to what I said hun, your right a scan is not the be all and end all. However, I still stand by the fact that a sonagrapher should be able to look at the fetus on the screen and judge how far along you are, as they have to be trained for 3 years doing a radiography degree. I know mistakes can easily happen, and I can see the possibility of being a week out, but not 6 weeks, the picture in my signature is of my 16 week scan, and my 20 week scan looks very different, surely any sonagrapher could see the difference between a 16 week fetus and a 22 week fetus and also the system sonagraphers use work out the gestational age for you anyway which is why I got a bit confused ...xx

Yup - it is ok for a sonographer to be a week or so out - but 6 weeks difference is a lot. However, by the last lmp the op has stated, she is 16/17 weeks, as per what she originally thought. That said, Wobbles has seen her fb where she states she is 20 weeks. Hopefully she can clear up any confusion when she visits her doctor as she has said she will

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->