On 30th centile?

Snowball

Resident badass
Reaction score
Is that something to worry about? Ozzie is far from skinny but he's not very tall and I think that's why his weight is a little on the low side. I tried some 9-12 jeans on him today and the waistband came up to his nippes and the bottoms were about 6 inches longer than his legs.

He's just small built isn't he? *paranoid*. My older son is simular, he's 3 and just moved into 2-3 trousers which are still too big for him :blush:

has he always been around that percentile?

I know Bobby dropped from 97th to 60th for weight so they started to get concerned that he wasn't eating enough (I think he's just started putting on weight slower because he's moving so much now) but I think as long as they're trending along the same percentile and putting on weight regularly they're fine :) if you're concerned though, ask your doctor, mine came right out and told me that he needed more fat in his diet

When he was born he was on there and then he moved to the 50th. He eats like a horse, infact he made me feel so guilty for eating a biscuit today I ended up feeding him an extra meal :blush:. I think I'll ask my HV and see what she thinks :)

Gabriel is on the 1st percentile and he's had to work his way up to that. It simply means that out of 100 babies, 1 might be smaller than him. If Ozzie is on the 30th, then out of 100, 30 would be smaller. Babies come in all sizes some bigger, some smaller.

It doesn't matter which percentile your LO is on as long as they're roughly tracking that centile. Health professionals tend to be more interested if a baby jumps up or down the centiles (and tend to be more concerned if it's down!) For the charts to work well, there have to be as many babies on the 1st percentile as the 99th!

Having said all that, if you know your LO is alert, active, happy and has lots of wet nappies then I wouldn't worry too much even if there has been a drop. Have a chat with your HV if you're still concerned :hugs:

lol - then you probably have no reason to be worried :) but it never hurts to ask them

DS dropped a centile for a time but has started to go back up. HVs told me that as long as his measurements are in proportion and he isn't dropping more than 2 centile lines at once there's often little reason for concern.

Lo is still in 6-9 stuff and he's 10 months and in the 50th percentile. I just put on what fits him... He is in a few 9-12 but usually they are smaller ones XX

If hes having plenty of wet and pooey nappies then hes fine :) avas on the 13.5 or something :lol:

(and by the way i didn't mean to thank you :haha:) x x

Assuming he is happy/alert etc then there should be no need to worry.

Anna was born on the 25th centile and then dropped to around 2nd. At 8 months now she is just under the 75th line, but she is not crawling yet so soon as that starts the weight will no doubt drop off.

Anna is still wearing some 3-6 months clothes! I think she is long and slim (people say she is tiny yet she is 75th for weight??) - maybe those three-quarter length trousers are not actually that - they are just too short! :flower:

Amy hovers around the 25th centile and I must admit I've become a little paranoid about her weight :blush:

But, she eats really well, has enough milk and seems very happy & healthy within herself. She's incredibly active which might have something to do with it and, like your LO, she's a bit on the short side and although she doesn't weigh as much she's in no way skinny. I've come to the conclusion that she's just a small build too.

Try not to worry too much about his weight hun, as long as he's eating well and is happy & healthy that's all that matters :)

I've been paranoid about Harry's weight as he was on and following the 75th then dropped (in 4 weeks) to just above the 9th. Thankfully my HV isn't too concerned as both DH and I are slim and Harry is very happy, far too alert for his own good, rolling etc.

Try not to worry. As long as he is gaining and not losing weight, and seems healthy and happy in himself, he's most likely fine :)

My LO was born on the 25th centile for weight, but has never been there again :blush: She has never ever lost, but hasn't followed the curves either. She dropped off the bottom of the chart for a bit, pulled up to nearly the 9th centile, and has now levelled out around the 2nd centile.

At nearly a year, she's still in 6-9 month clothes :blush: But honestly, I think that's down to the clothes more than anything else. They do tend to make them big! I suppose that's to try and make the more "average" and "bigger than average" still get some wear out of them. Works out great for me, as LO is in her clothes for donkeys ages :rofl:

Sam has always been on or around the 25th for weight and 50th for height. I would say it's nothing to worry about at all. Especially as he eats well. If he's anything like Sam it's probably because he actually doesn't keep still for any second of the day apart from when he's asleep so burns everything off!!

My LO was on the 9th at birth, then at 2 weeks was on the 25th now he is still on 25th but verging on 50th.

He's fine.. amelie has jumped from 2nd to 50th all her life lol

am i bad 2 say izzy havent been weighed since she was 3 weeks i no shes happy an healthy and gettin bigger i dont belive they shud be on this or that line aslong as she weein an pooin smily happy self am happy

I'm going to stop worrying then:blush:. I swear I get something in my head that I think is wrong and I can't stop thinking about it:blush:

If hes having plenty of wet and pooey nappies then hes fine :) avas on the 13.5 or something :lol:

(and by the way i didn't mean to thank you :haha:) x x

What?! I should always be thanked :sulk:

:rofl:

I wouldn't worry if he's happy and alert etc but its always worth asking your doctor/HV just in case.

Tom was born on the 50th and then dropped to about the 20th at 8 weeks old. He's tracked between the 20th and 9th since then but is slightly above the 50th for height. I can just tell he's going to be a child who lives on thin air - both his cousins are tall but skinny as well and don't eat much. The HVs haven't been concerned as he's alert, happy and always smiling away at them when we go to the clinic.

As for clothes sizes - they're all over the place. Tom is in some 12-18 month tops from mamas and papas but still wearing 3-6 month dungerees from debenhams. He's 81/2 months! And all his trousers fall down as he's skinny.

Ohh yes he sounds just like your older boy - and you are teeny too arent you?

ohh god I spend forever worrying about those damn bloody percentiles!!!

The boys were born on the 0.4th and are now tracking about 75th and I am worried they are too chunky! They are in 9-12 month clothes but I have to role the legs up!

They are all over the place - Heads 97th, height 50th, weight 75th ekkkk. Oh well I had to have a specially ordered BIG hat for girls brigade when I was little - I guess they take after me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->