On and off and on and off and on and off.....

Foogirl

Baby Abby 11 weeks early
Reaction score
It's driving me nuts!!!!!

Abby is 7 months and feeds well for 5 minutes then she pulls off and looks away for a while then comes back then comes off and goes back on. When she goes to go back on, she's really enthusiastic about it but for no apparent reason gives up again soon after. This generally happens with the second breast but sometimes with the first one too. Sometimes she seems to have been distracted by something, but this morning she stopped and just stared at her hand for a minute...:dohh:

It wouldn't be so bad but she still hasn't worked out she should let go before pulling back (ouch!!)

We have started weaning her onto rice, porridge and purees but she was fine with the breastfeeding until a couple of weeks ago and now mucks about with it. I generally give her a few times doing this then stop the feed, and then she whinges about it and sticks her hand in her mouth.

I'm not convinced my flow is up to much and I'm trying to improve it, but does anyone have any advice as to why she might be doing this?

It could be wind, Jack does this when he needs a burp.

Keep distractions to a minimum, and consider that maybe she doesn't need the second breast right now. Bella only eats on one side at a feed. I'm sure she'll let you know if she needs more.

Keep distractions to a minimum, and consider that maybe she doesn't need the second breast right now. Bella only eats on one side at a feed. I'm sure she'll let you know if she needs more.

That's just it, the distractions are things like her own hands moving!!

I do sometimes wonder if she has had enough. The second breast usually comes a good while after the first, when she seems to be hungry as she rarely takes them at the same time.

What is puzzling me is that the pattern of me feeding, where we sit, how I do it etc hasn't changed at all.

They do become more easily distracted as they get a bit older and more interested in things. It passes, they soon remember where their food comes from lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->