On holiday in Japan while pregnant and didnt know it

SamanthaKhale

Reaction score
Hi,

So I went on a holiday to Japan and when I got back I took a pregnancy test and turns out it was positive. My partner and I weren't trying but we were happy.

I started reading on what to not do while pregnant and turns out I did so many things while pregnant that wasn't recommended. I was maybe 1-2 weeks into the pregnancy max.

I went to an onsen twice, multiple disney land rides and ate heaps of sashimi. Im really worried this is going to affect the baby. Im particularly worried about the onsen, it seems like it can cause nerve and brain damage especially in the early stages.

Has anyone been in a similar situation?

Thanks

At 1-2 weeks your baby is a ball of cells... your body does a massively amazimg job at protecting your baby...

An onsen is like a hotspring yeah? If so relax!!!
Stop stressing!
You were too early to know and too early for anything to have been done... if your concerned speak to your doctor but seriously relax...

Also the sashimi is the risk or poisoning so unless you were dreafully ill from it then its fine.
Even at 1-2 weeks it wouldnt do anything anyway. :)

Congratulations!!!!

Yea onsen is more like sauna/spa, It gets really warm in there. Hopefully it is nothing. I guess I will find out eventually. Thank you for your wishes.

Baby sometimes doesn't even implant till 12dpo which means while you were doing most of those things baby was just a ball of cells floating round inside you. Nothing you did could of harmed it. It was taking nothing from you. Unless actively ttc most ladies will do things they shouldn't before they find out they are expecting. I have a good friend who went on her hen night, obviously had quite a lot to drink to then find out a week later she was pregnant. And her baby is a happy healthy 18 month old now. Try not to worry. Congratulations!

I was in paris 3 days before i knew was pregnant with my son. Went on all the rides! X

I drank, ate foods I shouldn't have and all sorts when I would have been 1-2 weeks. You've only just conceived then and the ball of cells wouldn't have technically been attached to you yet. So you are seriously fine :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->