one boob preferred over the other

preggers amo

Reaction score
my 2 week old already prefers the left boob rather than the right, as a result i have more milk in lefty than righty.....am i the only one? is this normal? she will only feed for 5 mins max on the right, sometimes not even that and start to cry until i switch her over to the left side!

Totally normal for baby to have a preference! I used to offer the least fave boob first, the switch to the fave when LO got fussy, then back to the first to try and keep things more even :)

I am having the same issue. My son prefers the right over the left so the right is always full of milk. My issue is that right breast is always sore.

Could you start on the right side for two feeds, then start on the left for one feed and then repeat? My midwife suggested this because I had a similar problem and after a few days they seemed to even out again.

I had this problem and consequently I ended up having a much worse oversupply in the favoured side; although I would not recommend this in the first six months-after 6 or 7 months I started every feed on the less favourite side (the right)-it still took around 2 months for it to make a huge difference but now LO feeds from both sides pretty much equally xx

I had that too when my son was really small. I noticed that he didn't seem to be able to latch on as well on the less preferred side and my friend suggested trying the rugby hold. We did and it really worked. He seemed to be able to get more of the areola into his mouth in that position and just looked more comfortable. You could give that a try. xx

i did, i tried the rugby hold which would technically mean that baby is in same position on the less preferred side as compared to the more one but she still doesnt like and cries out like she is in pain! and that stresses me out even more! now i have a really big and heavy left boobie and a much smaller right one!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->