One day period...er, help? Terrified of possible ectopic

Reaction score
Hi
I'm typing this at 5am in the hope some replies will stop my brain exploding...

Had unprotected sex on 1 May. Panicked and realised that as nice as it would be, we probably couldn't really handle a second child, and took MAP on the 3rd, 40 hours after (doh for bank holidays).

My period is due now and it started yesterday. It wasn't very heavy but I would expect it to be ramping up by this morning. Just checked after resetting our little girl and it seems to have stopped....

If it doesn't restart I will go to the Dr tomorrow as per the advice on the pill, but I am Terrified it means I have an ectopic :'( I can cope with pregnant or not pregnant but I think an ectopic would break me. Does anyone have any reassuring experience to share (even 'you're probably pregnant') will be better than the ectopic fear :(

is the bleeding why you would think it's eptopic? because alot of women bleed in early pregnancy. I would test first to see whats up. HTH

I dis test on monday which was 15 days after the unprotected sex with a frer and it was negative.

Yes it's the severely reduced bleed (there's still a tiny bit today but normally day 2 is Heavy then dials back) and the fact they list it as an increased risk with levonelle.

Thanks for replying! :-/ Am I right thinking a bfp should have shown by monday?

I have had an ectopic and it definitely didn't start like that.

Spotting isn't a symptom of ectopic, especially since it would only have just implanted.

With mines I got my BFP at 4+0 (blaring positive, hadn't tested before but from previous experience I could have had a positive test a good few days earlier if I had tested) I had all normal early pregnancy symptoms which I always have (at that stage sore boobs and tiredness) no spotting, but minor cramps (which I also had with my 2 mc and my rainbow pregnancy) until one morning at 5+2 I woke up suddenly at 4am with excruciating pain deep in my groin at the right side. It was so sudden and so severe I knew it was either a miscarriage or ectopic, it was worse than labour or recovery from c-section. I didn't have any bleeding whatsoever until after treatment.

I caught mines early enough that they were able to save my tube and my fertility wasn't effected whatsoever, however it was a scary experience.

Ectopics are rare (1/100) and considering you don't have any red flag symptoms I would try and put it to the back of your mind. I have used the m.a.p. In the past and had some spotting afterwards in the lead up to my period.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->