One Hour Glucose

mrs_sasquatch

Reaction score
So I had my one hour on Thursday at 29+4 and failed it with a blood sugar of 165. Have to take the three hour tomorrow. Online info is kind of conflicting...what should it be??

Hello. First off I was diagnosed with GD after my 3 hour glucose test and I will say it hasn't been bad at all. I hope you don't have to deal with ig but if you do its very manageable. Your fasting sugat should be below 95. Your 1 hour should be below 180 your 2 hour should be below 155 and after the 3rd hour it should be below 140. If any 2 of these numbers is elevated that's how they diagnose it. Hope that helps.

I got my glucose test in 2 weeks and because I have pcos and my bmi is high I got to have the 3 hr one boooooo not looking forward to it tbf x

As far as what it should be, I think that may vary by country and even by doctor/hospital.

I failed my one hour with a level of 185, it was supposed to be under 140 to pass.

At the 3 hour I was 78 fasting (normal 70-99)
176 at one hour (normal under 180)
142 at 2 hours (normal under 155)
107 at 3 hours (normal under 140)

So I was close to failing because of that first hour test, but passed. Many women fail the one hour, to the point where lots of doctors/hospitals don't do the 1 hour anymore. Don't worry yet. I had a higher first test than you and still passed the 3 hour.

I failed my 1 hr test (don't know what my number was) but then passed the 3 hour no problem.

Sitting in my OBs office now for the three hour glucose. Here (this office anyway) the cutoff is actually 130. I asked

Hope the 3 hour went well and it wasn't to painful. It's more boring than anything. Fingers crossed your results are normal.

Well, I failed the three hour as well. I meet with a diabetic counselor tomorrow.

It's ok. I know how you feel bc I felt devastated. But really it isn't so bad! The finger pick 4 times a day isn't even that bad once you get the hang of it. It is a very manageable disease. Good luck!!!

i just got my test done and i feel like crap. Anyone feel likethis? how long does it last?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->