One of those what to do with my hair threads..

Dream.A.Dream

Mum to 6yo and WTT #2!
Reaction score
Okay, so i've had the same-ish hairstyle for about 6 years :blush: I'm fed up of it but i don't know what to do with it. I don't really want to chop it all off because i don't really like having it too short, but i want it to look different. Any ideas ladies?

Here is a pic of it as it is now (me on the left):
https://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm313/katy_t89/me1.jpg

And you can see what it's like straight in my avatar pic xx

katy, i think your hair is gorgeous! i love it! you could always try a more choppy long side fringe or maybe a few highlights/low lights, but i think its gorgeous as it is x

katy, i think your hair is gorgeous! i love it! you could always try a more choppy long side fringe or maybe a few highlights/low lights, but i think its gorgeous as it is x

The colour is in a mess at the moment but i don't know what i can do about it. The roots are my natural colour, then it goes red, then the lengths are really dark almost black because they've been dyed over so many times :dohh: I like the sound of more of a fringe but the blooming hairdresser never does it right xx

You have beautiful hair. id colour it or have highlights put in and mayb try and look in one of them hair style books then if you find some thing you like just take it to the hairdresses with you x

Id have it kind of shoulder length, brunette, slight side parting, straight but curving around to frame your lovely face:D

You have gorgeous hair, I think.

I think sort of just below shoulders, heaps of choppy layers, with a layered side fringe - so all you need to do is scrunch product through and its done would look nice - and its easy to make it look like you've styled your hair.

I can see why you wouldnt wanna chop it off its a lovely length!

Im thinking about a new style as always wear my fringe pin'd back as its grow out i have same length hair as you but thinking of having it cut to my shoulders with choppy fringe but scared in case i hate it lol x

Leave the Length as it is and have some choppy layers put in, when you redye your hair use a semi permanent of the same colour as last time so that then you dont get the ends darker than the roots.I used to dye my hair black every time (I have naturally dark brown hair, but whites showing through!) with a permanent, till my hairdresser said i really didnt need to and that a semi would work just as well.
I dont think a big thick fringe would suit you but maybe a layered one and some lowlights would look nice :)
I had my hair cut short a few weeks ago (I've always had long hair) and red dye with streaks put in, I was feeling brave! lol Will probably dye it back to black soon tho!

Try googling images for hairstyles or layered looks for long hair, and printing them out to take along to hairdressers, cheaper than buying all the magazines :)

Good Luck xx

I agree keep the length completely, But have LOTS of layers cut into it, starting quiet short and making it way down then a shorter side fringe blending into the hair. And then use a texturiser to mess it up a bit and make it very choppy. I would also go darker in the colour :) Like a deep brown XxxX but it is beautiful as it is ! XxxX

Your hair is so pretty! I'm jealous of the length, since giving birth to my son my hair just doesn't want to grow past my shoulders anymore!

Maybe some face framing layers in front (think Jennifer Aniston) and some highlights. I wouldn't cut it!

i would LOVE hair like that

just get a trim youll regret it if you make a drastic change..ive always had long blond hair but 18months ago i felt like a change and dyed it black an cut into a rihanna bob-omg it was awful haha, its now back to blond but wont grow :(

Might make a hairdressers appointment next week to get layers put in and a side fringe :) Thanks everyone xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->