one ovary, any problems?

NurseK88

Reaction score
Hi my name is Kerry I'm 25 years old. On August 26th I went in for surgery to remove ovarian cysts one on each side. The left cyst was so large it completely mangled the ovary so it was removed. On the right side the cyst was smaller so it was only drained. I had been on birth control for years leading up to this happening so I was told the cysts that I have do no respond to birth control so they most likely will not be stopped by taking it. My options were only to try a higher dose though my doctor did not seem very confident. He has me scheduled to have an ultrasound done in January to see if anything is going on, and I am currently still on birth control. I have been with my boyfriend over three years we plan on getting married and having kids eventually. However I'm very concerned that I may have another cyst and my right ovary will need to be removed or will be damaged. We have considered trying to have a baby now even though it's not exactly the right time for a few reasons, but I don't want to regret waiting. I was just wondering if anyone had gone through anything similar and could help me out how long you waited if you had any trouble. Any information is really appreciated. Thank you!:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->