"One Step" Ovulation Test.. Are they any good?

Eliza_V

Wife and Mummy!
Reaction score
Was given these testing "strips", and have about a months supply. Some swore by them, others said they don't work..

Does anyone have any personal experience with them? Should I not waste my time and get something better?

xxx

they are the ones that i use

at first i was like hmmm these arent working i am not getting a true positive

5 months on i was amazed when i got a really dark line! i think they are fantastic, i dont think i was ovulating the first 5 months which would mean the tests were right not to give me a positive, this month they have been fundamental to me finding out when i am about to ovulate as i o'd 5 days later than i thought i would do!

This was my first month using them and they worked fine for me I got mydark positive right on day 13.

i used them for a couple of cycles then had a batch of dodgy preg tests and have brought a cbfm instead

I use them & get really clear positives x

Thanks guys, I'll stick with em for now and see what happens :) x

I've used them for two cycles and have had clear positives both times.

Good luck :)

As I was given these for free and will probably stick with them, I think I should stock up then lol!

Has anyone bought any of these online? Where is safe to buy them? xx

I've got them on Ebay with no bother x

This is the link to the seller I've used .... https://stores.ebay.co.uk/markemmageorgia

i buy mine from Amazon. I have used both one step and first response and the one step are just as good!
xx

Aaah it wouldn't matter atm anyway as I have a painful visit from AF :( That's another week or so I don't need to bother testing lol

I think they're great; fantastic value and you don't have to worry about using them sparingly. I test everyday from CD10.

I got a positive on my internet cheapie on CD12 but negative on the clearblue digital. On CD13 the internet cheapie was still positive and the clearblue turned positive- so this was the main surge day. The internet strips are way more sensitive at 20mIU/mL, the shop bought ones are usually 40mIU/mL.The best times to test are between 10am-3pm, then 5-10pm, with optimum times at 12pm and then 8pm. Some surges don't last long so it might be an idea to test 2x a day at 12pm and then 8pm otherwise you might miss it. You can afford to do this with the internet strips!

I liked catching my surge on the way up with the internet cheapies and then confirming it with clearblue so I knew in advance that I was entering my fertile window. Unlike the SMEP instructions, I test everyday from my first positive until it turns negative. Ov occurs 6-48 hours after an LH surge, and a surge can last for 1-3 days. So if you stop testing after your first positive you might not be maximising your BD opportunities IF your surge last 3 days, with Ov possibly 6-48 after that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->