one thing after another.

spicyorange

Reaction score
We are wtt to pay off a few debts but it seems every time we get on track there is something big to set us back, DHs car broke today and it could cost well over £1000 to fix, he got a dodgy batch of fuel but it's pretty unlikely that he will be able to claim compensation, taking on Shell isn't likely to come to anything! So we are out of pocket again and I am seriously worrying we won't be able to afford to ttc in January. Fingers crossed it will cost the minimum estimate of £500 to repair

aww man, i know the feeling. I've heard that supposedly there is "never a right time" and if you keep waiting for the time to be perfect it will never come.

But....I dont have any children so I dont know for sure. and I, like you, would prefer to wait until i'm more financially stable.

Totally understandable, I'm worried that we won't be able to start trying next year either for the same reasons. We just have to hang in there and hope for the best I suppose. Hopefully your OH will at least be reasonable about it and TTC anyway if you at least get most of the debt paid that you were wanting to. I'm hoping for the same from my OH as waiting another year would be pushing it a bit for me as I don't want too large of an age gap between my children and there is no guarantee that we'll get pregnant right away or won't experience a loss and I don't want another fall baby or a winter baby.

We are pretty sure we well ttc in January even if we still have debt but we need to do the maths and if we can't pay the bills we can't have the baby.

Definitely know the feeling there is always something coming up. Hopefully you will be back on track soon

Know how you feel, me and oh agreed to TTC once we get a house but it's just one obstacle after another, we have the deposit and enough income to live comfortably but we just keep getting nos
I have had to just say to my oh that even if we don't have our house in May we will be TTC, I physically cannot wait any longer

I know how you feel and I know people say that you will never be ready for a baby but as I earn £40k a year and hubby earns £25k while he is studying to become a black taxi driver we really do need to be prepared as my salary really is the bulk of our income.

A few weeks ago my car broke and cost us £600 to fix, makes me so annoyed when I have a finance/saving plan in my head then something surprises us and puts us back again!

We will all get there in the end :thumbup:

Dh's car is knackered, over £2k min to repair so looks like we have a choice to make, car or baby :(

Dh's car is knackered, over £2k min to repair so looks like we have a choice to make, car or baby :(

aww im sorry :hugs: you can still have a baby! just keep it cheap there are so many fantastic tips on here for saving money
hope you get it sorted

Aww that sucks. It sometimes feels as if when you want something so much the rest of the world seems to be against you.

I hope you manage to get something sorted. We will all get there eventually!

Know how you feel, me and oh agreed to TTC once we get a house but it's just one obstacle after another, we have the deposit and enough income to live comfortably but we just keep getting nos
I have had to just say to my oh that even if we don't have our house in May we will be TTC, I physically cannot wait any longer

bittersweet day, OH got a new better paying job and i just found out my job is not being continued so i will be out of work from april 5th

want to just cry and cry
why does the world make it so hard for people who want it so much.

bittersweet day, OH got a new better paying job and i just found out my job is not being continued so i will be out of work from april 5th

want to just cry and cry

Sometimes life really doesn't go to plan ,:( you know what they say- when life throws you lemons....
Hope you get a new job soon.x

want to just cry and cry

Sometimes life really doesn't go to plan ,:( you know what they say- when life throws you lemons....

want to just cry and cry

thankyou :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"