One thing after another

Layla

Reaction score
Im so upset and worried this morning,

We emailed our new landlord last night, just to say hi and that we love the house, want to stay there long term and could we make changes etc.

I get an email back this morning saying the agents told him we only wanted to rent short term and that they are still planning to sell the house!

The agents told us, he had taken the house off the market and the owner was looking for a long term lease!

So now im worried coz we borrowed alot of money to get that house, our house hasnt even exchanged contracts yet so still could possibley fall though. We might have to find another house to rent and borrow more money to get it.

The landlord is going to speak to his wife and phone us back later letting us know what he is going to do, he says we can stay there for 6 months but isnt sure whats going to happen after that. I told him that if he is planning to sell after the 6 motnhs then id rather know now so i can find a new house, i dont want to move in to this one then have to move again 6 months later.

This is just our luck, things were going to well for us, i knew something had to happen to spoil it.

Im just praying that he phones back and says we can rent long term, otherwise we have to find another house and borrow more money from someone, plus we will lose the £550 rent we just put down on it.

I just want things to go right and stay right for a change.

x

Aww hunny :hugs: :hugs:
I don't see why you should lose money though as the agent misled you!!!

I'd get on phone and give them hell

Bloody hell Layla!!

As for your £550 well sorry get that back - Who would you discuss it with the landlord or the agency! Either way they gave you wrong information thats awful!!!

Good thing about renting is you always have a deposit down so when you move on you have a deposit & its your rent as normal only downer is removals but that can always be done cheaper if you know someone with a van, few friends/family to help or a friend/family member to hire a van on your behalf.

:hugs:

thats a bummer :(

i always stress the the landlord i need long term. one house we had i LOVED it it was a real home they said i could do what i wanted to it (it was a dive when i moved in) we decorated made it our home i was giving a 6month tenancy agreement but told it just keeps getting renewed and had no plans of selling etc. after 6 months i got a phone call saying they wanted to move in them selves :( i was gutted at 30weeks pregnant

with my house now the landlord has a few houses he is a doctors well off and a lovely man, says i can do what i like and dont need to even ask him, pretty shocking seems its a brandnew house i wouldnt want any one touching it. he gave me a years contract but said he hopes i stay here for a very long time, his son is 5 and it will be passed to him when he is 18. i plan to have a mortage by then :lol:

Jase is going to go down to the letting agents later and kick off. still cant belive they have done it.

Waiting for the landlord to get back to me still, going to be a long day! If he comes back and says he is selling then i have no idea what we are going to do.

Trying to get hold of my solicitor to find out about teh house sale but cant get her either.

If it wasnt for the face that we borrowed the money from Jase's mate then i would say stuff everything and stay where we are, we are not going bankrupt now so there is no real need to give up the mortgage, but we owe his mate the money and the only way we can give it back to him is with the money from the house.

xx

Fingers crossed for you Layla that the landlord aggrees to a long term contract. With any luck he will be happy to have a nice family stay there with a garunteed income. I know a lot of landloads who have had bad experiences with dodgy tenats abusing the place, often puts them off and makes them want to sell. But if he has a nice young family there he wont need to worry and may well e up for latting to stay as tenants.

But def kick off at the agents, thats apauling, do you have anything in writing you can get them with?

yeah he said that the tenants that were in there before left the house in a state and it cost him 4 grand to put right, so he didnt want to go through that again, hence why he is selling.

He has just emailed me saying he has heard nothing but good things about me, both from teh agents and his friend who we met at the house last night. he is waiting for his wife to get home from work so he can discuss things with her. wont find out anything till late tonight.

They live in spain so im not sure if they are an hour ahead or behind?

xx

Oh hunnie, that's awful. :(

You know I was in the same situation (owners wanting to sell) but they did it really underhand and horrible. It sounds at least as if you have a decent landlord, just maybe dodgy letting agents. :roll: I hope for your sake that he decides to let you stay. :hugs:

My landlords packing our bags by the sounds of it when he rang!! :evil:

Still dont know, we waited up late last night waiting but he never called, so got to wait again today,

If i havent heard anything by tonight i will either phone or email him again.

xx

Yer go for it Layla you can't sit about wondering you poor thing :(

Did Jase go to the agency?

he just emailed,

with the money from teh house sale, they were going to invest, so they have had to re think that, he is 80% sure he will let long term to us but just needed a few things cleared up,

why we are selling and going to back to renting....so i was very honest and told him it was to free up money to pay poff debt, i said as a young family, we would rather rent and be debt free rather than mortgage and pay debt.

hope that wasnt being to honest.

he also wanted to know a few other little bits which i told him, i sent a very heart felt email so im hoping it will sway him the further 20%

fingers crossed! [-o<

xx

Well it sounds promising. Idont see that your comments whould have been off putting.

Ihope he comes back with good news for you.

Hi Layla,

Thank you so much for your honest and open reply, I did not want to cause offence and it looks like none has been taken. Good! We are happy to confirm that we will alter our plans and continue with the Let for as long as you need it.

i could just cry! we are finaly secure and have a great home! :D

xx

\:D/ This calls for celebrations. You should go out for dinner tonight!

. . . or stay in and munch chocolate like me!

its such a load off knowing we can stay, i had my heart set on that house so i really didnt want to find something else.

xx

Oh Layla I am so pleased for you :D

Oh Layla I am so pleased for you :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back