One year anniversary... goodbye my smelly friend!

caggimedicine

Mummy to Harry
Reaction score
Well it's now one year since I quit smoking :happydance:

I used to absolutely LOVE smoking... it was something I did to treat myself, to calm myself down, to give me courage when I was nervous, and I made so many new friends when I started at my new job through meeting them at "smokers' corner" lol! I know that smoking is a negative thing, but when you're a smoker, it has so many positives too!

Then, when hubby and I decided to start TTC, it was on one condition and that was that I packed in the ciggies which I did... although at first, very reluctantly! However, I had a reason to quit this time. I always said I would never smoke whilst pregnant, and after a month of hardcore Nicorette usage and will power, I went cold turkey whilst TTC and we were lucky enough to get pregnant quite quickly.

And now it's been 1 whole year since I smoked my last cigarette, and we have a beautiful healthy baby boy which has made it all worth while.

So ciggies... we had a very long, lovely, albeit destructive relationship together, and whilst you helped me through a lot of bad times and I will always think of you, we can never be together again my addictive smelly friend. I am no richer as so many people said I would be, but my lungs probably look better and I may now see a slight reduction in my life insurance payments (although i'm not banking on it)

Goodbye ciggies, and hello motherhood!:happydance:

awww congratulations hun, you can keep that clear concience that yours and babies health have been much better without them !!
i admire you for being so strong !!!

Well it's now one year since I quit smoking :happydance:

I used to absolutely LOVE smoking... it was something I did to treat myself, to calm myself down, to give me courage when I was nervous, and I made so many new friends when I started at my new job through meeting them at "smokers' corner" lol! I know that smoking is a negative thing, but when you're a smoker, it has so many positives too!

Then, when hubby and I decided to start TTC, it was on one condition and that was that I packed in the ciggies which I did... although at first, very reluctantly! However, I had a reason to quit this time. I always said I would never smoke whilst pregnant, and after a month of hardcore Nicorette usage and will power, I went cold turkey whilst TTC and we were lucky enough to get pregnant quite quickly.

And now it's been 1 whole year since I smoked my last cigarette, and we have a beautiful healthy baby boy which has made it all worth while.

So ciggies... we had a very long, lovely, albeit destructive relationship together, and whilst you helped me through a lot of bad times and I will always think of you, we can never be together again my addictive smelly friend. I am no richer as so many people said I would be, but my lungs probably look better and I may now see a slight reduction in my life insurance payments (although i'm not banking on it)

Goodbye ciggies, and hello motherhood!:happydance:

congratulations x x

Congrats!!!! Quitting was the best thing I EVER did. So tough but going on 7 years now. Good for you!!!

Well done!!! :)
That's a great accomplishment hun!

way to go! Quitting is hard stuff. I love that I have clean lungs too--it feels awesome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->